cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP_UI 750 on top of SAP NW 7.40? What's your experience?

ttrapp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

OSS note 2227501 - SAP_UI 7.50 minimal installation requirements says that SAP_UI 750 can be installed on top of NW 7.40. Has anyone tried it out? Any problems?

Best Regards,

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ttrapp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We installed it and so far we had no problems at least with UI5... So I close the question.

alsp80
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing the updated status, helped on our end deciding on the next upgrade ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Are you working with different server for the Back / Front  end  or central server for both ?

We are working with Back/Front server topology and thinking to upgrade the front to

SAP_UI 750 in order to achieve 1.30 but the Back end is still with add-on 1 ( because we are with SP10 ).

Any one tried it ?

Thanks,

Arie.

alsp80
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arie,

same thoughts here. Initially though about upgrading only frontend to SAP_UI 750 in order to have access to newest UI5 libs. However on a second thought it would be nice to get access to new stuff in FPM and WDA as well in the backend. Therefore we will probably try pushing both to SAP_UI 750 in the sandbox and see what whether we're happy with it.

Bottom line: no experience yet ...

Cheers,

Alex

ttrapp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At the moment we didn't encountered any problems. It is the standard scenario.

I'll keep you updated.

Best Regards,

Tobias

DGarvey
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Oliver_Baer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to update to SAP_UI 750 in NW 7.40 regarding note "2244507 - MOPZ: How to include SAP_UI 750 in NetWeaver 7.4 system in Maintenance Optimizer", but it didn't work.

Can someone please tell me how to update?

Best regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias,

May I know which previous version for SAP_UI is before you upgrade to SAP_UI 750? As we are in SAP_UI 14 on NW7.4, not sure we should upgrade to top SAP_UI 15 and then move to SAP_UI 750 or you just upgrade to SAP_UI 750 regardless of SAP_UI version in UI740?

Best regards,

Leon

ttrapp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So far we don't have problems with it. We don't expect any trouble.

ttrapp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IMHO it depends what do you want to do. SAP_UI 740 is the stable release - SAP_UI 750 is not that stable but necessary if you want state-of-the-art UI5/Fiori development.

Best Regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I have to upgrade to SAP_UI 750, as we want to upgrade SAP_BASIS SP11 to SP12 in NW7.4 , this requires SAP_UI 750. As there is little information about how to upgrade from SAP_UI 740 to SAP_UI 750, so I am a little confused that we can directly upgrade from SAP_UI 740 SP14 to SAP_UI 750 or we must first upgrade SAP_UI 740 SP14 to the highest SP15 and then move to SAP_UI 750?

Best regards,

Leon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias,

Can you explain more about how did you do the upgrade (from the basis side) ?

Did you use SUM or SAINT ?

Have you forsed to upgrade more components then what is mentioned in Note 2227501 ?

Regards,

Nissim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lokhand1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Tobias,

We also installed SAP_UI 750 on Netweaver 7.4 ABAP successfully but it impacted us on Fiori Launch Pad (FLP) on Enterprise Portal (EP)  Netweaver 7.4.

Do you have EP and did you have any issue on FLP?

Thank you,

Murtaza Lokhandwala

ttrapp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please look at this thread:

lokhand1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Based on below note we decided to not to move forward and restore the system from the backup.

1. 2261419 - Maintenance Strategy for FLP on Portal

• Portal NW731 / NW740:
    • FLP on Portal should run with the delivered UI5 (stable version 1.28.x) .
    • Note that UI5 stable version 1.28.x End of Maintenance is on Q3/2017.  At the end of the standard maintenance period you'll need to upgrade the Portal to NW750 release.

Thank you,

Murtaza Lokhandwala