Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Equipment History Report.

harish_mandoliya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need to create a Report showing the history of equipments.

The mandatory selection parameters ( any 1 out of following 3 parameters ) are as follows:-

1. Functional Location

2. Equipment Number

3. Vendor

And the 2 optional parameters are :-

4. Material Number

5. Install Date

The Output of the Report should show the following Values -

1. Vendor Number

2. Equipment Number

3. Functional Location

4. Yard

5. Material Number

6. INSTALL DATE         < this field is must to show history>

7. DISMANTLE DATE   < this field is must to show history>

8. Asset number

I tried using EQUZ table's 'DATAB' and 'DATBI' fields for Install & Dismantle Date but

i am not sure if showing multiple rows in the Output with the same

Equipment Number & DATBI value but different  value of 'EQLFN'  field is the correct

approach for showing History of Equipments.

Sincerely seeking your advice on the approach to be followed for

creating the Equipment History.

Is there already any standard report for this use case?

Please reply as soon as possible as this is really urgent for me.

Regards,

Harish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Harish,

Things are not clear. Assuming that your issue is getting multiple rows for the same equipment, then the solution for this is: You should take the rows with  DATBI values with 31.12.9999 only for the report

Syntax:

Delete itab where datbi <> '99991231'

On the otherside you are talking about Instalation and Dismantling dates also, which is essential for History report. So pleas make yourself more clear.

About the standard report: IH08 is the standard report in this area. When you talk about Vendor, Yard etc you are not making the total process clear for which you seek the History. This might involve tables other than EQUZ (or V_EQUI).

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao

harish_mandoliya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

First of all, many thanks for replying quickly on my query.

Let me explain my requirement in more detail -

Requirement :-

Create a stand-alone ABAP Report that can be used to

List Rental Assets and show rental equipment with install / dismantle date

along with calculated number of days in field.

Example Scenario -

Let's say a Rental Asset ( such as a Pipe used for drilling taken on rent from a 3rd party vendor )

is installed at a Well named 'Well # 1' ( well - a place where drilling for obtaining petroleum is done ) on Oct 01, 2015.

It is used there till Oct 10, 2015 & then dismantled & sent to a Yard named 'Yard1' ( Yard - a combination of Plant + Storage Location, basically a storage place only) on same date. It remains in Yard till Oct 12, 2015 and then installed at 'Well # 2'  . In this scenario the report output alv should show the various values as shown below -

Vendor   Eq._Num    Func._loc.  YARD  Material   Install_date    Dismantle_date          Asset_num

V1          Equip1        Well # 1      <  >      M1          Oct 01            Oct 10, 2015                Asset-XYZ

V1          Equip1          < >            Yard1  M1           Oct 10            Oct 12, 2015               Asset-XYZ

V1          Equip1        Well # 2      <>        M1           Oct 12            Dec 31, 9999                Asset-XYZ

* Rental Assets-  I already know how to differentiate between Rental & Non-Rental Assets.

So this is not an issue.

Could you please suggest as to how can we achieve such an output.

Regards,

Harish

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understood this before. Now I understood what you meant by Yard. (I assume Equipments are Serialized and you use IE4N for Dismantle/Install).

Whatever may be the case:

You are getting all your fields in Standard report IH08 . why to develop a new one? Just put the Equipment numbers and  Period From and To dates (as shown below) and Execute. You have all the fields in the output.

If for reasons like additional calculated fields like No. of Installed days at a Vendor you want to develop a report, a simple Infoset query using a single table view V_EQUI. will ease your task. If you still want to go for an ABAP report program use the same table (V_EQUI) and your job is done. I do not see any issues.

KJogeswaraRao

harish_mandoliya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot for replying so quickly.

You are a life saver for me.

I made use of Database View - V_EQUI & it worked for me.

Many thanks again!

Regards,

Harish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

harish_mandoliya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Could you please tell me if the standard SAP PM process support selling/scrapping of equipments or not?

If yes, which all DB Tables store the information corresponding to them.

Regards,

Harish

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Harish,

It'll be better if you start a fresh thread on this subject. The conversation will be focused on it.

Regards

harish_mandoliya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sure, Sir.