WEBI Process Servers Failing.
Hope this is the correct location to post a questions. Enterprise 4.1SP05FP03 on Win Server 2012 R2. I have split out all of my platform servers identically to the servers on another Enterprise 4.1SP05FP03 system that I use on a very similar machine hardware wise that is running Win 2008 R2. The older system running on the 2008R2 machine runs perfectly with no issues. My new machine that is identically configured is experiencing some troublesome issues with the WEBI Proc Servers.
I have 4 WEBI Process Servers and for some reason, they keep timing out and restarting. They slowly consume memory until the Memory Upper Threshold is approached then stop accepting requests which is expected behavior. I realize that this is expected behavior but they do not hand off process to other WEBI Proc Servers so the instances are left for dead and fail. Reports fail with "Server Busy" errors. Why would this happen when I have 4 WEBI Proc servers? Shouldn't the other servers take over when one is restarting! The servers will hit the Memory Upper limit of approximately 4.5gig in a relatively short time, within a couple of hours after restarting then the entire scenario happens again. On my older system, the Webi Proc Servers never reach the Memory Limits and always hover around 2.2 to 2.5 Gig of memory so consequently they never restart or present any problems for that matter. Again, all the servers on the newer system are configured identically from server setting to command line script with memory settings.
Oh yes, one more thing... Tomcat is configured identically between the two machines as well!
I have no clue were to start!
Thank you in advance.
This issue was ultimately resolved for my scenario by rolling back to SP05. This stopped the WEBI Proc server issues immediately... Whew... I was then presented with the issue where I was not able to edit the Destination Fields in any of the job servers. Nice... Selecting the destination dialog box would invoke an error. I then installed SP05FP01 which is working perfectly on my test system. Still was not able to edit Destinations in job servers. Same dialog box error. After some reading I luckily found that SP05FP10 should resolve this new issue that arose while rolling back to SP05. This was the trick. I now have a functional system.
Thank you for your comments.