cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEBI Process Servers Failing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope this is the correct location to post a questions. Enterprise 4.1SP05FP03 on Win Server 2012 R2. I have split out all of my platform servers identically to the servers on another Enterprise 4.1SP05FP03 system that I use on a very similar machine hardware wise that is running Win 2008 R2. The older system running on the 2008R2 machine runs perfectly with no issues. My new machine that is identically configured is experiencing some troublesome issues with the WEBI Proc Servers.

I have 4 WEBI Process Servers and for some reason, they keep timing out and restarting. They slowly consume memory until the Memory Upper Threshold is approached then stop accepting requests which is expected behavior. I realize that this is expected behavior but they do not hand off process to other WEBI Proc Servers so the instances are left for dead and fail. Reports fail with "Server Busy" errors. Why would this happen when I have 4 WEBI Proc servers? Shouldn't the other servers take over when one is restarting! The servers will hit the Memory Upper limit of approximately 4.5gig in a relatively short time, within a couple of hours after restarting then the entire scenario happens again. On my older system, the Webi Proc Servers never reach the Memory Limits and always hover around 2.2 to 2.5 Gig of memory so consequently they never restart or present any problems for that matter. Again, all the servers on the newer system are configured identically from server setting to command line script with memory settings.

Oh yes, one more thing... Tomcat is configured identically between the two machines as well!

I have no clue were to start!

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input. Auditing not running. Errors shown in viewer are SIA: server xxxx is being recycled. I don't see this as an error but expected behavior when a server is recycled. As mentioned above this system is set up identically to another system running on 2008R2. No problems on that server.

Turned off memory analysis and WEBI Proc servers just kept consuming memory eventually maxing out my 48g of ram. Each WEBI Proc server was using over 8g each! On my other system the WEBI Proc servers hardly ever exceed 2g of ram.

Rapid memory consumption and recycling is one thing but what I really don't understand is why the servers don't balance. Why am I seeing many instances failing with "The Server I busy" ERR_WIS_30284. As motioned above I have 4 WEBI processing servers and 4 WEBI Scheduling servers which has worked perfectly on another system. Wouldn't one of the other three servers take the load while a server was recycling?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue was ultimately resolved for my scenario by rolling back to SP05. This stopped the WEBI Proc server issues immediately... Whew... I was then presented with the issue where I was not able to edit the Destination Fields in any of the job servers. Nice... Selecting the destination dialog box would invoke an error. I then installed SP05FP01 which is working perfectly on my test system. Still was not able to edit Destinations in job servers. Same dialog box error. After some reading I luckily found that SP05FP10 should resolve this new issue that arose while rolling back to SP05. This was the trick. I now have a functional system.

Thank you for your comments.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you see any errors event veiwer? and look in the logging folder.

Share the errors you observed in even viewer.

And share your webi processing server properties? You can uncehck the 'Enable memory analysis" option in webi processing server

former_member205064
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have Auditing Enabled? IF yes try disabling it for some time and check the Webi Utilization.

let me know if it helps to decrease the utilization.