Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

starting of my carrier in sapbw

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anyone please clear out my confusion for the starting of my carrier..

I have started to learn SAP BW from last 3 months. And i have seen that some of them requires to implement the codes like  Datasource enhancements, enhancements of Lo extractions, function modules, start routines, End routine, Expert routine.

My Trainer suggested me that to take the help of ABAP experts and in the organization or company iam going to work.

My point is that is it ok to attend the Interviews without the knowledge of ABAP Coding. If no how can i gain the basic knowledge to crack the interviews.

Please help me experts..

Thank you in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's not required but knowing the BASIC of ABAP coding will surely help you especially in doing routines..

You may ask your company to include you in the training of their new ABAP consultants..You may also ask the help of your senior BW consultants..

Regards,

Loed

5 REPLIES 5

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's not required but knowing the BASIC of ABAP coding will surely help you especially in doing routines..

You may ask your company to include you in the training of their new ABAP consultants..You may also ask the help of your senior BW consultants..

Regards,

Loed

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi KV,

Without abap also we can attend BW interviews.

But if we have abap knowledge that makes more advantage than others while considering for position.

for interview purpose also, you can take abaper helo and get some basic training specific to bw abap concepts like enhancements/start/end/expert routines.

what is source and target, what kind of terminology we use for start field level/start/end routines.

get some basic difference between those routines.

on google/scn there are lot of documents about the same, please search and read them.

Use search key as "ABAP in BW" and

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

Its not Mandatory to Know ABAP for Interview..

But if you know the Basic Level of ABAP its really well and Good..

Because as you Said for the Routine's Purpose, you have know ABAP

Without ABAP knowledge You cannot Write Start Routine and End routines in your Transformation Part.

But in some Companies , they suggested to know some knowledge about ABAP. No worries actually loads of Websites, Documents and Videos available for ABAP..

former_member183519
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

No... Not at all necessary... But if you have atleast basic knowledge of abap then it will always added advantage and more chances to got call converted into offer.

From abap prospective go for routines in transformation & extractor enhancement ..

in addition to above go from 'Internal Table' concept in abap(Becoz in routines we use internal tables only ..   ), this is more than suff. for you.

refer link for internal table:-

http://www.guru99.com/all-about-sap-internal-tables.html

Regards,

Hitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Experts.... It means alot to me.. I will start to learn the basic knowledge in ABAP as you all said...

regards

K V Reddy