cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use preplan (LA01 ,LT09)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts:

I didn't understant the preplan storage unit,I read some matearial about preplan storage unit including SAP help,but I still did got it.

Can you give me a detail description about the function from purchasing ,gr ,preplan storage unit ,。。。。till the goods putway the storage bin.

Or give me a demo about the whole processes about the process ,thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is very much clear in the help documents however let me explain with an example

scenario Goods Receipt from production

MIGO ---Stock in interim Storage type 901( At this stage it is not possible to generate Storage unit as 901 is Non SU managed)-----Create Transfer order from 901 to physical storage type (At this stage if the destination storage type is storage unit management then system will assign a storage unit number) ---As a process operator will handover the SU label to worker who will paste the label on Pallet.

with preplan (LT0A) approach you can create the Transfer order (SU Label)  in advance before MIGO and handover the SU label to the worker, Upon MIGO system will update the stock into interim (901) however based on material / quantity worker can paste the SU label which is generated in advance using LT0A further movement of SU can be done using t-code LT09

Former Member
0 Kudos

So the step is

1 .Create PO

2.Preplan the su lable ,which movetype  we should assign  in LA01 to generate SU   ?

3,GR the purchase order ,  LB11 generate the TO to with the SU number with the step 2?

4.LT09 to confirm the TO?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for preplan the transaction code is LT0A and not LA01, could you please share the screen of LA01 transaction which you are getting in your system

1) when you are receiving stock the movement type is 101 however you should allow to create the manual TO in movement type setting then only you will be able to create TO using LT0A (SAP recommendation is to create a custom movement type to carry out this activity) please refer the standard SAP link

Rest all process steps looks okey (hope ID point related configuration is in place and goods receipt is routed via Id point ), please simulate and let us know if you are getting any error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry about that.

Would you mind giving a detail about the preplan storage unit from configuration to operations

including using Tcode and Mvt?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you explain which point is unclear  for you  in the docu:

Storage Unit Preplanning - Warehouse Management Guide - SAP Library

From my point of view this docu is very clear and even the example is.

What is unclear to me is what LA01 which you mentioned in the subject has to do with WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

So we must use  seperate ID-Point?

Would you mind giving me a demo or example  step by step  to show that?