cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DESIGN STUDIO: Planning on several queries in one application on BI Platform.

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am encountering an issue when designing a planning application on Design studio and was hoping I could get some help.

I have a Design Studio application with a tab strip which contains several data-sources. The application is on the SAP BI Platform and OLAP connections were created for each query.

All those queries are planning queries which mean I should specify a planning connection.

If i were in local mode, I just had to specify the correct environment and I would be able to do planning on all the queries in the Design Studio application. However, since I am on the BI platform, when choosing planning connection, I am prompted the list of queries for which OLAP connections were done and since I can only choose one, it means I can do planning on only one of the many queries of the Design Studio application. It seems crazy that Design Studio would have this limitation , so I am pretty sure I am missing something here.

Can anybody please help??

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

You probably should use one OLAP connection without any query attached. This way, I guess it would behave in the exact same way as in local mode, as is: select the system and not the query.

The binding to a query is not mandatory when you declare the OLAP connection.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos

Hello Franck. Thanks for your answer.

We did create such a connection but it is not available to my particular application once I add data-sources. There seems to be a conflict of some kind. Once the data-sources are added, I can only base my planning connection on one of those. Any advice?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, I don't have any other advice for you ...

Have you tried to run your application in debug mode and have a look at the logs ? Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+'D' in you DS as descibed in this article.

Answers (0)