cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STO process for serialized material - Goods Issue not allowed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

After setting my STO process, when I try to do the goods issue I see the error below because for this serial number status EDEL, goods issue is not allowed. when I go to BS22 transaction, it says it is a SAP maintained table and I'm not able to save it. Does anyone know how to I fix it?

Thanks

Antonio Rocha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Jurgen, I did everything I could and I have the same issues. I saw some people had the same issue but they did not post the results. This program attached is just to look for missing serial numbers. Antonio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

As you can see below, the note 1677281 is already implemented.

I still see the errors

IO 231 "Stock data of serial number &1 not suitable for movement"

or

IO 201 "Serial number & cannot be used here"

Any idea what else I can do?

Thanks

Antonio

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Consulting notes have to be applied to the memory of the consultant, not to the machine.

Didn't you read the note? It has no correction part itself, it explains what you have to do, it says you have to implement the report from another OSS note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

As I understood, this note is asking two things. First to implement the note 1602965, which is already implemented in the system. The second thing is to run a report in case I have serial numbers with wrong status in the system, which is not my case, since this solution is not yet in production.

With that said, the note  1602965 should have fixed the issue.

Thanks

Antonio

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio

if material does not have wrong status then why Status is EDEL, if status is correct which delivery it has been assigned to ?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't follow your logic.

How do you know that you have no serial numbers with a wrong status? Why do you then have the error you reported earlier?

The note 1602965 has corrections, but has as well an attachment.

The corrections fix the root cause for the error and this is the part that can be implemented automatically with SNOTE.

But at the far end is an attachment in the note and this can't be implemented automatically. this is something you have to do manually. Or do you already see the report Z_1602965_CHECK_SERIAL

in SE38?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The status means that this serial number is already assigned to a delivery.

If you are certain that it is not the case, then see OSS note 1677281 - Serial number problems after SP SAPKH60410 or SAPKH60505

eventually you caught a bug, this note provides a Z-report which need to be implemented before you contact SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

You are correct it is assigned to a delivery because the material is serialized and in VL02N I need to specify the serial number being moved to another plant, so I assume the scenario is correct. I will take a look on that note and open a ticket in SAP in case this is a bug. I will post the solution here.

Thanks

Antonio Rocha