Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in SAP Note: 2174541 EHP7 Upgrade SAP ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have recently upgraded to EHP7.

Need solution to SAP Note: 2174541, cause and issue is explained in this note.

In We32/31 at header part I.e. if any line text is greater than 72 then the long text goes into protected mode as said in SAP Note  and grays out when saved  as shown in the below in first screen shot.  Currently in EHP7 we If you want to edit go to IW32 and Click on the Change text icon as shown in the below first screen shot and change the text.  Where user is not happy with that.

In the above SAP Note:2174541 it is mentioned :This is intended behavior to preserve formatting characters.. (Need a solution for this comment made in SAP Note).

In program :LCOIHFNB

LOOP AT lt_edit_table ASSIGNING <fs_textline>.(IW32 Header text come into lt_edit_table )

IF <fs_textline>-tdformat NE '* ' "problem is here (continuous text is not * so it turns into display mode )      

OR ( <fs_textline>-tdline CS lv_bold AND
<fs_textline>
-tdline CS lv_end_b_u )
OR ( <fs_textline>-tdline CS lv_uline AND
<fs_textline>
-tdline CS lv_end_b_u )
OR <fs_textline>-tdline CS lv_tabulator.
lv_format
= YX.
EXIT.
ENDIF.
ENDLOOP.  

1) I have search for SAP Note did not find any supporting one, please suggest if any SAP Note.

2) Do I need to enhance directly this program to replace space with * . So that it will bypass this check.

Thanks Govind

2 REPLIES 2

larshp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

see the note "With the application of note 2176194, a user parameter can be set to restore the system behaviour that existed before you implemented SAP Note 2052390."

you do not need to enhance the SAP standard code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

I have cross checked all the dependency SAP Notes has been implemented.

The problem is when we are using special character <   > in the text

ex:go to IW32 enter the text as below

Text Line1 Text Line2 Text Line3 Text Line <Text Line4> Text Line5 Textx

1-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------72

save it and come out of iw32

Open iw32 the text will be in display mode why? .

The symbols internally converted as below.(Used FM:Read_text to cross check)

Text Line1 Text Line2 Text Line3 Text Line <(><<)>Text Line4> Text Line5 Textx

1--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------72------78

it additionally adds 6 char to the text, remaining text from 72 is considered as continuous text and due to this disturbance internally the text is shown in display mode.The Bug here is the special symbol <

How to handle this special symbols. Some say its Unicode problem and others say as ITF problem.

if any input to this will be great thanks .