cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Customer Hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert

Can any body explain me the Concept and necessary Step required to configuration for Customer Hierarchy

Thanks

Trinath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to define characteristics in CO-PA

A good starting point will be this link http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_07/helpdata/en/b5/5cd353c6244308e10000000a174cb4/content.htm?framese...

If you have specific questions please revert back

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried to search the web for the needed information?

For example if you enter: sd+customer+hierarchy site:sap.com in most of the popular search engines, it produces a lot of results. The documentation in help.sap.com in particular for customer hierarchies is very detailed - I believe you will find it useful for understanding the concept.

In case you have faced a specific problem with the setup or processing - please explain what is the issue, so that the forum members could assist you in the investigaion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina

Thanks for your immediate response i am CO consultant client requirement is to flow characteristic value to CO-PA by customer, region , Type of customer and etc need to capture in CO-PA

if you have any idea then please assist for this

Thanks

Trinath

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Getting the customer hierarchy partners as partner functions in the sales document is one thing - if you perform the search as already suggested, you will find very good documentation on the subject in help.sap.com.

Getting customer hierarchy in CO-PA seems to be a different story. I strongly suggest that you perform a search in SCN - for example customer hierarchy co-pa and read the discussions/wiki etc.

Some forum members suggest that using the SD hierarchy may not be a very good idea in certain cases and provide an alternative approach. Unfortunately I do not consider myself an expert in that area, so cannot comment whether this is a cause for concern for your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina

As per the reference of the above thread i had configuration done from Sales & distribution there is issue showing during the VDH1N

Hierarchy type T: There are no active assignments for 02.11.2015 : Message no. VC029

please assist further

thanks

Trinath

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in table KNVH with HITYP = 'T'. If no entries exist, somebody should maintain them. If they exist with different validity, use the validity dates from KNVH as selection criteria in VDH1N.

Since your SD colleagues had set up the customer hierarchy, as a next step somebody should execute the assignment of hierarchy nodes/customer numbers to the new hierarchy. This procedure can be diferent in different companies. In some companies I have worked in, the consultant who performs the setup is responsible for master data uploads as well (the data is provided by the business in specific templates), while in other companies the master data changes are responsibility of master data team for big volumes of data. Some companies use also self-service portals with workflow approval for single changes to master data.

You need to check what is the established procedure in your company - who is supposed to create the hierarchy nodes and the assignments.