Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Migrate from BO XI 3.1 to BI platform 4.1 crystalreportsviewer

We are currently running BOXI 3.1, and part of our web app integration is to run Crystal reports via URL reporting (passing login token and parameters).

Crystalreports.war is deployed on each of the Tomcat servers hosting our web app.

I want to do the equivalent with a viewer package from BI platform 4.1, but I am having problems.

There is no longer a packaged war just for the Crystal report viewer, that functionality seems to be in the BOE.war now.

Deploying BOE.war (created with wdeploy flags -Ddisable_CmcApp=true -Ddisable_InfoView=true) is not an option as the war file is too huge, around 1 GB in size.

The dev guides mention that for the viewers, Opendocument should be used now, so I've attempted to create a BOE.war that just has Opendocument, with the wdeploy tool, predeploy option.

This was done by using wdeploy config files to point to my own copies of the workdir, and source directory for BOE.

After that, I removed a list of jar files from the directory that wdeploy iterates through when packaging: \BOE\WEB-INF\eclipse\plugins

The intent of that was to include only those war files in the plugins directory that Opendocument needs.

In testing, Opendocument will run a report request - but only finishes after around 10 minutes of waiting - obviously something is wrong, but I haven't found any clues in the logs I am looking in.

Am I going about this in the wrong way? - or is there another way to create a war file from BI platform 4.1 that only includes a report viewer for URL Reporting/Opendocument?

Thanks

Tags:
Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question