cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAGLFLEXA and FAGLFLEXT Amount in Transaction currency are Incorrect

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Has any one faced any issue using the FAGLFLEXT table for preparing a report for amounts in transaction currency?

Recently I was investigating that a BI report based on a standard extractor from FAGLFLEXT was reporting incorrect transaction figures. What I observed was, issue is not with the BI but the FAGLFLEXT table.

Then I researched further and  got below links explaining the behavior in which FAGLFLEXA and FAGLFLEXT are updated.

Explanation of how the logic of the GL update currency amount (BSEG-PSWBT) works in General Ledger r...

Though the article is good but it left me wondering how are people dealing with the value in transaction currency based on new gl totals table FAGLFLEXT.

As these values are not correct and does not represent correct picture in case of exceptions mentioned in above link.

Another wiered aspect is the forex gain loss entries which are posted during clearing of different/cross currency document doesn't update the value in transaction currency correctly as well in FAGLFLEXA  or T table.

Any help on how someone has dealt with it would be a great help.

Thanks,

Ankur Goel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Tiger_007
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

i do face same situation while reporting using sap BI when using New GL. check box for only balance in local currency is important if you are using BI reporting in New GL and you have any reports using transaction currency equivalent in local currency.

if your company code currency equal to account currency then you should not check box for "only balance in local currency" this will have impact on new gl tables for FAGLEXA and FAGLEXT.

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

How are you handling this currently in your BI reporting?

Also, as you will understand that its not possible to have all GL Accounts marked as "Balance in local currency" as you need some GL Accounts to be updated in respective foreign currency.

I am not sure why SAP didn't highlight this as a shortcoming of using new gl tables for reporting.

Implementers might realise this after several months.

Thanks,

Ankur