cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question from Migration of BODS via Central Repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I'm doing research on how to migrate project from the Dev to QA. Thankfully, there did a list of resource from the forum which demonstrating on the migration process. One of useful graph I got as below, after read through, I plan to follow it as the guideline. However, I'm confused on this point. I create  DEV CR, QA CR and PROD CR in each of the environment. Inside of each environment, I'm able to connect the Local Repo. to Central Repo. But how can I come across the different environment to access the same Central Repo. For example, user from the QA to access the Dev Central Repo? Thanks for any hint!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Cindy,

Register Dev Central repository entry in QA CMC and provide full access to the user in QA CMC for the QA registered central repository.

Vice Versa for other environments also.

If you want to access one central repository across all environments,Register repository entry in all environements CMC along with full access to the user across the environments.

Thanks,

Sagar T

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is definitely not my recommended repository configuration. I always define one central repository (in DEV) only. Check-out/check-in is done in the DEV tier only when modifications to the code are needed. For copying code to TST and PRD, simply use get latest or get by label from central.

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cindy,

You can use the same central repository across all three environments but you make sure that you only use Prod Local repository to Check in the code. Users of DEV and QA can only check out code from Central Repository.

Register the central repository in DEV, QA and PROD CMC and assign appropriate rights to three of the environments user groups such that nobody can check in to Central repository but only users of Prod can check in their changes in Central repository. Also assign specific users to access Central repo in DS Management Console under Central Repositories

Above approach is not recommended by SAP but it can make the developments easier and code promotion simpler.

Regards

Arun Sasi

chethan_lingaraju
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Basically, one repository database can be registered in multiple servers. You just have to keep the repo name same across all the servers to avoid confusion.

For your example scenario:

1. Use repository manager from any server to build all three central repository - one time activity.
  2. Register dev_central_repo in both DEV server CMC as well as TEST server CMC. (If your DEV & TEST are same server, register only once)
  3. Register test_central_repo in both TEST server CMC as well as PROD server CMC.
  4. Register prod_central_repo in PROD server CMC.