cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 10.1 Standard: Transport of Environments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have upgraded from BPC 10.0 NW (BW 7.3) to BPC 10.1 NW (BW 7.4) recently. Post upgrade, all environments in use are converted to BPC 10.1 standard by executing the program UJT_MIGRATE_100_TO_101. Entire functionality works as expected, except that we don't see how to make a transport request for BPC related objects.

In RSA1 -> Transport connection, we see the new 5 TLOGO objects came up with BPC 10.1 under folder Planning.

We use only standard environments. No new environments created after upgrade. We don't see any other option choose standard environments to create a transport request for the same (not available in Other types too). And no objects are available in the Embedded environment as well.

Please let me know how do we create a transport request for the migrated BPC standard environments and its related objects in BPC 10.1.

Regards,

Bindu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bindu,

For Standard model you should use same approach is in 10.0

Regards,

Gersh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gersh,

Thanks for the response. The issue is that we don't see AAPS and ADEL object types inside OTHERS, as shown in my previous screenshot.

Are we missing anything?

Regards,

Bindu

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bindu,

What BPC SP are you using? In very early SP there was such bug, but it was fixed pretty fast.

Regards,

Gersh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gersh,

We are using SP 06.

Regards,

Bindu

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bindu,

You have to reactivate ENVIRONMENTSHELL after migration.

Take a look at OSS Note 2026815.

Regards,

Gersh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gersh,

Thanks. I have activated ENVIRONMENTSHELL before but it didn't work. And we also noticed that BPC related object types were not present in the table RSTLOGOPROP after upgrade.

As suggested, I have executed the program UJT_TLOGO_REGISTER, which recreated these missing entries. Now the Environment (AAPS) is visible in more types.

But when selecting objects, it shows all environments (custom) except ENVIRONMENTSHELL. How can we get it back? Environmentshell is accessbile from BPC web, as well as its backend objects are present in RSA1. But not available for transport.

Regards,

Bindu

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bindu,

ENVIRONMENTSHELL is not transportable. You have to activate it every box along with all other things that go with it.

Regards,

Gersh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bindu,

To check all the details related to the transport, I suggest that you refer to the Administrator's guide of SAP BPC 10.1.
Starting from page 25, you will find the tools and the procedure to create transport requests for BPC environments.

Here is the link to the Administrator's guide:
https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000381012014E

Regards,
Safa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Safa,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have gone through the Administator's guide before. The BPC Environment object type as mentioned in the guide is not present inside More types. So was wondering if something has changed in the way of working with BPC 10.1 / BW 7.4.

Regards,

Bindu