Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 3.0: Back Button Issue

thinh_tran15
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Currently running Personas 3.0 and have created a flavor for the article master. I have a tile set up in the Fiori launchpad to run this flavor. This works correctly and the user is presented with a screen to enter an article number. Once they have done this, they are taken to a second screen with the article details.

My issue is the back button does not behave as expected. When hitting back on the second screen, it should take them back to the first screen with the article number input but it instead takes them to transaction /personas/launch.

Strangely, the button works as expected if running the flavor from the webGUI without being launched from Fiori.

Has anyone come across this issue?

Edit-

I also get this issue if I run transaction from the webGUI and launch my flavor using its GUID. Instead of going back to the previous screen in the transaction the flavor is based on, it instead backs out to the flavor launcher. Not sure how to resolve this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I'd recommend creating an incident about this.

TobiasQueck
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

For all the others, who cannot see the response in the incident, the issue is related to the configuration we suggest in Start Personas Flavors from the Fiori Launchpad and the transaction you are using. We were able to reproduce it e.g in VA03 but not in SU01. The behavior differs because the behavior of clicking the back button in both transactions is slightly differently implemented.

We created a more comprehensive guide of how to use SAP Screen Personas and the SAP Fiori Launchpad. It contains three alternative approaches to configure a launchpad application. The issue you describe will not happen if you use the 'Generic Service' approach.

Cheers!

--

Tobias Queck

SAP Screen Personas

Lead Architect

thinh_tran15
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for the response. Is there a way to use the generic method and still have the Personas Flavor launch in a new tab?

The rendering of the Flavor seems to be limited to a content area within Fiori when using this method as well. This results in large margins to either side of the Flavor. Is there a way to overcome this? When setting the application type as transaction, the Flavor will take up the all of the browser space.

Answers (0)