Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order to Returns order & Sales order to Billing document Copy Controls

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Please see the following two copy control situations:

A. Sales order to Returns order:

I have a situaton where for Specific Sales Document Types the “Pos./neg.quantity” field value is“+" Positive.

From my understanding this results in the quantity in the target document (Returns order) amending the quantity to be supplied on the source document (Sales order). Ideally this should be configured to "Blank" as the quantity in Target Document is to have no impact on the quantity of the source document.

My question - how would the current "+" Positive configuration impact transactional data when a Returns order is created?

So for example -  we create a Sales order for a 1000 items. And a Return order is created for a 100 items. Would the creation of the Returns order then amend the quantity on Sales order from 1000 to 900 (1000 - 100)?

B. Sales order to Billing document:

I have a situaton where for Specific Sales Document Types the “Pos./neg.quantity” field value is“-" Negative or "Blank".

This results in the quantity in the target document (Billing document) not updating the quantity still to be billed based on the source document (Sales order). The “Pos./neg.quantity” field value should be configured to “+”. This will result in the quantity in the source document (Sales order) being positively affected, as required, when the target document (Billing document) is created.

My question - how would the current “-" Negative or "Blank" configuration impact transactional data when a Billing document is created?

So for example -  we create a Sales order for a 1000 items. And a Billing document is created for a 100 items. Would the creation of the Billing document then not amend the quantity left to be supplied per Sales order?  So in other words we would still have to supply a 1000 items after the 100 items per the Billing document has been delivered?

Thank you

Rgds

ACG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200027
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ACG,

For detailed explanation of usage of "+" "-" and "BLANK" for field "Pos./neg. quantity", you could check F1 help of the field in copy control customizing. The example listed in the F1 help will help you

to understand how the field works.

Best regards,

Crystal Lin