Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

C4Service (Employee Support) - Queues & Teams

My understanding of teams is that it is automatically derived based on the service organization units defined in the org structure. Under Service work center we have Queue and Employee Support as views. Within the Queue view under the show drop down we have a view that lists Team Queue. Under Employee Support view we have My Team Tickets'. What is the difference between Queue and Team?

The number of tickets displayed in Team Queue seems to be different than the ones in My Team's Tickets.

Currently due to the fact that Teams are derived from the service org units an employee can be part of only one team. In a typical service or employee support process an employee can be part of many teams and multiple employees are part of teams. This is a many to many relationship.

Why can't we have a separate object for TEAMS disconnected form the org structure. Territories can be used but in a scenario where sales and service is scoped typically territories is a sales or marketing feature. Customers have shown resistance to using territories for service. Also, the Assign To Team becomes redundant when we scope in territories.

Tags:
Former Member replied

Best practice is to use territory to define the queues for contact center and service regions for field service.

the c4c territory feature is a way to group people into territory teams independent of org structure.

In service this is used in field service where you have people who cover different regions but have a common org structure.

In in house/contact center again people grouped by skills but have a common org structure.

You will still use org management to make sure the chain of command is honored for approval processes on tickets, but use territory Mgmt to define how you want people to work independent of org structure.

Lastly, this setup defines a flexible model service ops can manage the territory without IT, as often chaging the org could impact integration to onprem which is the world of IT.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question