Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inforecord - PR item linkage in case of copy

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all gurus,

I implemented a DMS integration on several SAP backends (mostly ECC6, but also some 470 too).

Basically, users can create a specific inforecord type in CV01N transaction and attach a file,that can lately be bound to a Purchase Request item by means of the standard "Documents.." button available in ME5xN transactions.

Now, the problem occours when an user opens the ME51N enjoy transaction in order to create a new Purchase Request by copying an existing one which has attachments.

I've seen different behaviours:

- on some backends, documents attached to the "source" PR are not copied into the "target" one;

- on some others, documents attached to the "source" PR are copied into the "target" PR;

- lately, on few backends, documents attached to the "source" PR are APPARENTLY copied into the "target" PR: apparently because when the user saves the PR, the copied links disappear.

How can we modify such behaviour? Customer's desired behaviour is that any PR obtained by copy does NOT consider original's attached inforecords, so that the user has to start from scratch if he wants to link inforecords to the requisition.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and support.

M.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

goto dc10 check object link configuration.

also you may need to code this requirement in document badi

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Axle,

I've seen the dc10 configuration and it seems me it's ok.
Which option is considered in that configuration when dealing with the PR copy?
Thanks in advance,

M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

check badi - DOCUMENT_MAIN01, BEFORE_SAVE..

this will be called on creation of a new document

you can restrict file copy if an attachment is there

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Axle,

I tried to implement that BADi and placed a dummy implementation in each method, BEFORE_SAVE included.

But... when copying a PR containing object links by means of the Enjoy ME5xN transactions, the BADi is not triggered in any way.

Some BADi to process PR data are triggered though, but in these BADis I don't have any visibility on object links at item's level.

Waiting for your support,

thanks you all !

M.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Weird, Can you share screen shot of this behavior.

Rgds,

Nayeem.

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nayeem,

which screenshot would you like to see? I ask because the issue cannot be documented by a single screenshot, but with a sequence which is easy to replicate:

- create a PR;

- save the PR;

- re-open the PR in change mode and add some Documents (inforecord) per position;

- save the PR;

- create a new PR by copying the previously saved PR.

Here I'm facing different behaviours in different systems, as explained in my first post.

BR,

M.