cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable BatchManagement as required field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Where can I change in the customizing that batch management should not be a required field for certainly plant?

Everytime,, when I want to save material change, it says me Fill in all required entry fields .

Thanks so much.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah. I am sorry, here we go

Yes I know, first I looked in the customizing and it seems the batch management checkbox is not mark as required field.

The customizing looks as follow:

To plant 3931 the field reference 0001 is assigned

The Field sel. group 75 maintain the field MARA-XCHPF

And the sel. group 75 in the Field reference is not marked as required.

Where the requirement comes from?

Thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your batch level?

If you want it per plant then it must be plant level.

and in this case your screenshot does not explain if field MARC-XCHPF is still in group 75

further it is unknown what material type you have.

How the fields behalf is based on the combination of

field selection group, reference, material type, industry, transaction, plant

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

where is it a required field? without knowing about what you are talking we can't really give reliable answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you can see on the picture Batch management checkbox, I have to check the box, if I want to save material change.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A picture from a single tree does not tell me in which forest it is. You did not say that you are talking about material master, and from the screenshot it is not directly visible either, as it is just a small section of bigger view (and it looks even different to mine)

Making fields optional/mandatory/hidden/display only is made in field selection. Hundred times explained in SCN, and as well well documented in the IMG path. And as this field is not mandatory in standard it must already be customized from a colleague of you.

So you should ask around what he did and how, and even more important WHY.

Just making it optional again without asking may screw up a designed process.