Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Event and Automatic Dynpro Refresh

antonio_sanseverino
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I'm implementing a web dynpro with some traffic lights icons, when I load for the first time this dynpro I've to read from a custom table the status of my traffic lights, for example yellow for a process that is running in that moment or green for a completed process, for example if I open the dynpro and the traffic light of a running programm will be yellow, after 5 seconds the process ends. I have to automatically update the status of my traffic light to green and repeat this operation for example every 10 seconds and I can't to associate the refresh to any user event.

I should implement a method called the first time I open the dynpro and another one automatically called every 10 seconds for example, but user have to use the dynpro normally.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

1. create 2 methods.

2. call the first method in standard method WDMODIFYVIEW  of view with condition

if  FIRST_TIME = 'X'.

3. create a TIMEDTRIGGER element in view.give the value '10' ( time in sec) to the DELAY property.

4. Create a On Action event for it and call the second method in it.

So first method trigger one time and second method trigger for every 10 seconds.

antonio_sanseverino
Participant
0 Kudos

Hy Reddy,

Thanks for your help, I agree with you for point 3 and 4.

Instead, for the first 2 points I found the INIT method that seems to work properly.

What do you think about it?

0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

yes, you are right. You can write the first method  in WDDOINIT also.

Answers (0)