Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for Office 365 email destination in SAP BI 4.1 SP6+

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear BI community members,

I would like to ask the following for a system which uses SAP BI BO 4.1 SP06+:

1. Can we define an Email Destination in Adaptive Job Server, which refers to Office 365 Mail Server? This destination will be used to schedule Web Intelligence Reports.
  2. The latest PAM document states the following regarding Office 365: 'No support for integrating with Office 365 cloud offerings as such.' Does this refer also to Office 365 mail server?

I have seen other discussions in BI Platform Community space, but I haven't found any clear answer on this.

Thanks for any responses,

ilias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I would like to inform you that we have managed to schedule a webi report towards an email destination, by using Exchange Online (Office 365).

Regarding the settings used (Adaptive Job Server > Destination > Email), those where the following:

• Domain Name: <optional> in our case it was left blank
  • Host: <smtp server url provided by Microsoft>
  • Port: 25
  • Authentication: None

Thanks,

ilias

Former Member
0 Kudos

should the admin email address for 365 be used as the username and password when trying to connect?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kevin,

In our case we did not use any credentials while adjusting e-mail schedule destination.

• Authentication: none
  • User Name: <blank>
  • Password: <blank>

Thanks,

ilias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ilias,

We had tried the same configuration in the Adaptive Job Server for email scheduling, however no luck.

Could you please give detailed steps for configuration of office 365 with AJS?

We are currently giving the below configuration:-

• Domain Name: BLANK
  • Host: smtp.office365.com
  • Port: 25
  • Authentication: None

We are getting the below error for the same:-

address error. [Error sending address(es) to SMTP server. Return code: [SMTP 530 - Authentication required.]. Reason: [xxxx@yyyy.com].]: [CrystalEnterprise.Smtp]

We are currently using BI 4.1 SP06.

Does anyone tried this successfully earlier? Any suggestion/workaround is really appreciable.

Thanks,

Shailendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shailendra,

Some hints:

• Make sure network connection is open from your SAP BusinessObjects server to Office365 host and you are able to ping & telnet Office365 host. (I suppose this is not our case)
  • Regarding authentication, you need to provide valid office365 account email ID and password.

In my test case, I didn't need to provide any credentials though.

Thanks,

ilias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ilias,

Thanks for your prompt response.

• I am able to ping & telnet smtp.office365.com on port 25 & 587 from the machine where BO Server is hosted (So, I believe this step confirms that my network connection is open)

• Regarding authentication, If I set Authentication as "None", get the following error:

address error. [Error sending address(es) to SMTP server. Return code: [SMTP 530 - Authentication required.]. Reason: [xxxx@yyyy.com].]: [CrystalEnterprise.Smtp]

If I set Authentication as "Plain"/"Login" & provided the credentials, get the following error : "Object failed to run due to an error while processing on the Job Server".

Kindly suggest, what other things I need to check to make this working.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Shailendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ilias,

Can you please let me know that what URL have you provided under Host name? Is it smtp.office365.com or something like <work-organisation-domain-com>.mail.protection.outlook.com?

Do you have an example which information needs to be set at email destination in Adaptive Job Server for Office 365?

Thanks,

Shailendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shailendra,

As far as I remember we have used a customer-specific smtp server url provided by Microsoft and not the generic smtp.office365.com. Unfortunately, I haven't logged the url.

Best regards,

ilias

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

The scenario that we want to implement is to outsource the local MS Exchange Server with the Online Services Provided by Microsoft (ExchangeOnline). Is this a supported scenario? If yes, what settings should we use in Adaptive Job Server > Destination > Email?

Thanks,

ilias

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you need to get those names/domains from Microsoft.
Job server doesn't know you have office 365 or anything else - it needs mail server, details of which you need to find from that mail sever provider.