Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to to remove sum of repeating value for Key figure

former_member344586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am getting below scenario in report :

For current MR Reading column in DSO( first record in screenshot ) , there are two records which are aggregated at query level. each record has value 300 and 300.

In final layout , I dont need to aggregate this Key figure. But I want to display only 300 , for final record. ( first record )

Is there a way to acheive this?

Please suggest.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am having the same issue on ByD

Indeed I would like the following report  :

I would like the calculated key figure to make an agregation of the total of the amounts of the bills,(for every unique bill? When the bill is not repeating? etc???,). My goal in the following simplified example would be to have 890 (that the indicator do not count the amount when the bill is the same). this way, it would allow a simple comparaison between what's collected & what's the factured amount.

Is there any way to do it? Is it necessary to re-edit the joined date sources in order to make a key anywhere? There are also multiple characteristics concerning every collected amount, like the date, etc...

I hope it can relance the subject & help Raju by the way, i have been looking for a few time already, any help is welcome.

here is a link to the ByD Thread :

Regards

Victor

manju_manjunatha
Participant
0 Kudos

Try Exception Aggregation use First Value: It gives the First value occurring in the amount field depending upon the sorted order of Item Types.

Try the below link document.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0b8ed5b-1025-2d10-b193-839cfdf73...

former_member183519
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

check in dso, what is key, and is there field values difference between them 300 values records.

change 'MR current reading' KF aggreation property.

pls share screen shot for above scenario from DSO ?

Regards,

Hitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

You can handle this type of repeated value getting in report by using exception agregation property setting in Bex report.Before set expection agregation in the report,you need to check the data set base on which characteristics, value is repeating.So that you can set exception agregation base on that characteristics and calucaltion Results as First Value.

Regards,

Rajesh

ccc_ccc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Did you try below setting.

Key figure-->properties-->Calculations-->Calculate Result as "First value".

Thank you,

Nanda

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raju

Please give some background for the issue. This should be better handled in DSO level and not in query level. Whatever it is in DSO, it shows in the query.

First check why do you have two values in DSO. Is it because of some characteristics being different for the two records or any other specific reason?

You could simply divide the keyfigure by 2 but that will not be the correct solution. Please check the points and give us more details with screenshots if possible

Regards

Karthik

former_member344586
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Karthk,

Thanks for quick reply.

we are repeating this key figure value for the characteristic value , as we dont have this level of detail for each record , so we just repeat it , for particular set of characteristics. Hence in final report it should not be sum , it should just be first value for that set of characteristics.

Rec1 KeyF 1 ( 100)  KeyF 2 ( 60 ) KeyF 3 ( 60 )

Rec2 KeyF 1 ( 100) KeyF 2 ( 30 ) KeyF 3 ( 20 )

Desired output :

Rec 1 KeyF 1 ( 100) KeyF 2 ( 90 ) KeyF 3 ( 80 )

Thanks..

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok Raju

You could try to enhance the design of the info-provider but hope you might have already tried this.

So now, you could just add another formula which will divide the KeyF 1 by 2. The other two KeyFs should be in aggregated which is your expectation right.

If you have already tried this and if it hasn't worked out well, let us know. We will try with something else.

Regards

Karthik

former_member344586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

I am not sure if I will exactly get two records for repeating value in Prod  . In Dev its two , but I dont have much data.

Let me know if you think of something else , I will keep this option in my list.

Thanks !

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raju

Then you should think of enhancing the infoprovider level information. What are you doing exactly to get double values. Do you have any routines or something to write the record two times? or do you use self transformation?

Please provide the details of the data flow. we will check and fine tune it for your requirement.

Regards

Karthik