cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users with saplogon entry pointing directly to CI

0 Kudos

Hello all!

I am searching for a way to check if users are logging in SAP using a entry in saplogon that points directly to central instance, instead the logon group entry.

We have a great discrepancy between the number of users logged in CI and logged in the other 2 dialog instances.

The previous Basis Consultant in the company, extracts a report of this, but I have no idea how to do this, without taking off central instance from logon group in SMLG.

Any hint?

Thank you!

SAP R/3 4.7 - Central Instance + 2 dialogs

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi!

CI is in SMLG, I don´t wanna take off CI from logon group, because I don´t know if the dialogs can withstand the load alone.

Regards.

former_member199290
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos:

Ok so if you only want to envourage users to login using Logon load balancing through logon groups and not directly load the CI then I am not sure if there is any straightforward way of retrieving this information i.e Users logon with their Logon group infirmation.

I found below thread with similar requirement as yours. You might want to check out the options provided here:

How to check whether a user is logged in throug... | SCN

Find out logon-group utilization | SCN

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1446715

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Use t-code ST03 --> choose the server and specific date --> User tab and get the total count.

Get the above information for all the servers say for a week, this will give an idea if the users load is distributed over the system or not.

And the best way to distribute user load to ask users to use logon group while logging on the system.

Regards,

Prithviraj.

0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep.

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, I need to track who logged on in SAP without using load balance. That means: Entry in SAP logon is pointing to custom application server, instead Server Group

Then, I will send this information to the service desk to adjust SAP Logon entry.

Regards.

former_member199290
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos:

Not sure how you can get the user specific information with their specific logon group.

If your CI instance is not in any of the SMLG/RZ12 groups then you can filter out the user list from SMLG /AL08 the one's which are logged into CI and communicate to those users accordingly.

Thanks.

former_member199290
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos:

Not sure if I got your question right but you can try below to get the users logged onto various instances:

1. AL08 should show you the logged on users

2. SMLG->Go to User list. This will give you the list of users logged onto different instances.

Yes removing CI from SMLG and RZ12 should help but not if users have direct entry for CI in their logon pad.

Also you can check below note:

1976316 - Preventing user logons to the Central Instance .

Thanks.