cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eam- upload master data using lsmw-bapi method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

could you please show me the steps involved in creating or changing bulk master data such as  Task list, Bom ( equipment, functional location, material bom),   measuring points,  maintenance items,  maintenance plans    using LSMW - business object method (BAPI)

Anyone have the screenshots with steps involved in this data migration tool.

It would be great help to me

Many thanks in advance

regards

vinoth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hell o Vinoth,

First of all you should realize that this forum is not for fundamental or answered several times sort of questions. You could have gone through Google search where you will get all these step-by-step documents. After this if something is left out then you can ask the forum citing your search efforts. You have asked everything about Data-migration in a single discussion, which consultants take years to learn. However I'll try to give my general views on Data Migration out of my experience.

• All sorts of Masterdata whichever you mentioned (F/Locn, Equipment, M/Pt, T/List, Class/Char etc) can be uploaded through a common method called BDC programming. This is done by ABAPer. He develops one BDC program for each purpose.

• If you look towards Functional side tools like LSMW, few suit to this category. Very popular method is LSMW by recording. F/Locns, Equipments, M/Pts etc will suit this where inside tables are not there.

• For T/List , BOMs sort of masterdata where inside tables are there tools such as IBIP will work.

I am giving few references:

For Simple uploads like F/Locn, Equip, M/Pt etc:

LSMW using Recording

For Tasklists, Class Char, BOMs etc

As I said all sorts of masterdata uploading can be managed by BDC programming by ABAPers. So during implementation stages, only BDC programs will be convenient. Later we can learn about other tools for further updates etc.

Replies of any length will not be satisfying your query, because of the obvious reason that these things can not be taught on Fora like this. You can only get guideline here. Wish you get more guidelines if they are missing above.

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao