cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira ignores language settings for BW datasets

former_member340096
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Lumira ignores language settings for BW datasets using a BI platform OLAP connection using SSO.

When adding a SAP BW dataset (Download from SAP Business Warehouse) in Lumira using the SAP Business Objects BI Platform connection the user’s language settings of both SAP BW and the BI platform are ignored. Same situation when saving the Lumira document to the BI platform and executing it there. Language is always English.

When using a local connection to add a SAP BW dataset the language settings are applied correctly.

The OLAP connection used in the BI platform uses a SSO connection to the SAP BW system.

As our SAP systems (both ERP and SAP BW) are only maintained in Dutch and French Lumira users are confronted with technical names (metadata) and only key values (characteristics).

Product versions:

• SAP BW 7.4 SP7

• Lumira Desktop 1.28.5

• LS4BIP 1.28

• SAP BusinessObjects BI-platform 4.1 Support Pack 6 Patch 1

Version: 14.1.6.1760

Anyone having the same issue?  Any solutions?

Thx a lot in advance.

Kurt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kurt

From KBA 2201671 - SAP Lumira Download from SAP Business Warehouse ignores SSO

SAP Lumira's "Download from SAP Business Warehouse" does not currently support SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform BW connections with SSO.

This is on the product road map, though no ETA.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

former_member340096
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Thx for your answer but KBA 2201671 does not really fit the issue we are dealing with.

SSO seems to be working fine, Lumira does not pop up for any credentials.

KBA also mentions Lumira 1.0 and BO 4.0.  We do have Lumira 1.28.5, BO 4.1 and LS4BIP 1.28.

Br,

Kurt

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, you are correct, to a point...

However, SSO working does not mean than  language settings will work. KBA 2201671 - SAP Lumira Download from SAP Business Warehouse ignores SSO is quite clear on that(?). I double checked with Program Management and they were able to confirm this.

With all due respect, it's kind of like saying; my Ferrari works great on a highway, but on a logging road it looses the suspension and oil pan on the first pot hole -   (???)

- Ludek

former_member340096
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

FYI, even though it's on the roadmap I've created an idea: https://ideas.sap.com/D29814

Like mentioned in note 2208019 (Lumira Desktop 1.28 displays an error when making an SSO connection to BW) and idea SSO Connection to BW from Lumira : View Idea (with has status delivered) SSO to BW is supported and working.

Best Regards,

Kurt

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perfect Kurt and many thanks. I will vote for the idea and I will also tweet it out. The more votes, the better.

Have a great day,

- Ludek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kurt,

English is the only language supported for Lumira content on BI Platform. Hope that clarifies.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do we know when LS4BIP will evolve to support more than just EN as the default SAP Viewing Language?

Regards,

H

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kurt - I can't find anything on this; I recommend opening up a SAP support incident for further investigation on this.  I cannot locate anything that says BW language translation is supported for Lumira.

former_member340096
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Thx for your feedback.  Haven't found anything either.

Already opened a SAP incident.

Br,

Kurt

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Additionally,  the way you describe your workflow :- "setting the BI Launchpad preference" –  this would have no effect on the language behaviour of the OLAP connection in the Lumira Desktop.