Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way we can differentiate in between JE's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Hope you all are well?

I have a simple question but struggling to find out the answer

How can I differentiate in between manual JE's and JE's which are based on Recurring Postings or Exchange Rate Differences?

Tried to search JE's based on remarks however if we change the remarks in those windows then those remarks will not be fruitful to us.

Tried to search by data source however it is coming as 'N' for both of the postings such as Recurring Postings and Exchange Rate Differences.

Is there any other way by hook or crook we can find out it?

Awaiting for your advises.

Regards,

Vinod Memane

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

frank_wang6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

u can user the DocSeries field to check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

DocSeries is not reliable and not useful as well in my case.

Regards,

Vinod Memane.

julie_jamieson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

I don't think you are able to distinguish the recurring postings, but the exchange rate differences do have an indicator on them - I think from memory it is RevSource, but do check it

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

You could create a simple query with the Query Generator:

SELECT *

FROM OJDT

WHERE TransType = 30

This will give you a list of all manual journal entries.

Perhaps you can then use the remarks field to filter the list even more.

Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Thanks for the quick response. Actually as I mentioned in my original post, due to change in remarks field every time and huge number of those JE's, it is not ideal to trust on remarks field.

Hope you can understand my basic requirement.

Regards,

Vinod Memene

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

From your original question I understood that you had difficulty distinguishing manual JE's from system JE's. That is why I suggested the query, that would give you manual entries. Did you mean that you need the system JE's instead ?

My comment about the remarks field was meant as just an example. You will have to give us a little more details about your scenario, if you want us to help you filter the list.

Regards,

Johan