Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program source direct ABAP or Eclipse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

Is it possible to find out in SAP whether a program, class,... is created in SAP or via Eclipse?

Thanks!

Helena

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Helena,

generally, SAPGUI Editor and ADT (Eclipse) are interchangeable and therefore, the code written must be invariant

but there are nuances:

as I know,

if global class was generated in SE24 then method parameters automatically preffixed by "!" symbol (you can see it if you go to public/protected/private section and look at parameter names in method definition)

while in Eclipse as a rule nobody makes such preffixes

probably there are other nuances that allow you to assume where code was written

but you should not rely on such nuances.

Best regards,

Vitaliy

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Helena,

what exact do you want to find out? Maybe we can give you a hand after sharing some more details.

Or is it just the question: Do my team use eclipse?

~Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Florian,

yes it is the question.

Thanks!

Helena

0 Kudos

Then if you deactivate Discovery service they will not be able to use Eclipse, and those who used will start complaining but i don't think it's what you're after

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Helena,

maybe can help. I try to remember it and ask the ADT-Team next week.

~Florian

0 Kudos

I don't think you can check where the object/program was created but you can check on SM04 if your team is connected from Eclipse or not, as in Application Info column there will be SADT_REST_RFC_ENDPOINT as one of the parameters

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

in NW 7.50 you can use the dynamic logpoints to trace the usage of AIE vs. SE80.

Just set a logpoint in function module RS_ACCESS_PERMISSION and log the entry point.

For older releases you can use the transaction STATS to analyze the call of RFC module

SADT_REST_RFC_ENDPOINT which is our central entrypoint for eclipse.

Regards,

Thomas.