cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need guidance on LSMW for service long text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I need your guidance for LSMW - Service long text using direct input, I am using object: 0001; Method: 0001 and program : /SAPDMC/SAP_LSMW_IMPORT_TEXTS.

I tried searching relevant documents on this but not successful, the link (http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dd8xnd9n_1hjmx5b26) shared by someone but it's not accessible for me.

Request your guidance on this, till now I have configured as attached

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check format of LONG1-NAME (e.g. leading zeros are missing).

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So far you only explained that you have trouble with searching, but you did not tell what problem you have in LSMW.

You can use Google to search SCN, you just type the search term as usual and add then site:scn.sap.com at the end. Like this one:

LSMW long text direct input site:scn.sap.com

already the first hit is probably the document you did not get with your link from google docs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for the ambiguous query,

I am trying to update long text for service master and I think my field mapping is not accurate so the system is not updating as also not giving any error, it's showing

Long Texts in Total:                  243

Successfully Transferred Long Texts:  243

Non-Transferred Long Texts:           0

I am finding difficult to rectify the issue,< removed by  moderator>

Message was edited by: Jürgen L

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it so difficult for you to use Google and follow my advise? You only needed to copy my example into Google and execute.  Honestly, searching is THE fundamental skill in our job nowadays.

for your convenience:

It is also time that you trust SAP messages, if SAP is saying that the text was loaded successfully, then you should believe it. SAP loaded your text, with the key you have specified, even in case this key does not match with data  objects that you wanted to load the text to. So you should always take care that you do a verification if the object exists and can be found with a select statement before you execute the load.