cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Upload Control in Sap Cloud application studio

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

As per requirement i have added file upload control in embedded component and i want to read excel file data in sap c4c.

How we read .csv file data in sap c4c.

It would be helpful to me for brief description.

Regards,

Puneet Mittal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know it's possible to add a file upload bit to a custom screen --- this allows you to upload CSV files (amongst other file types). Unfortunately what you've got then is a binary string displayed in hexadecimal --- I had a similar issue a while back. As far as I know, you'll have to write something which can interpret the string, I don't think there's any built-in CSV interpretation.

0 Kudos

Thanks Lewis for response !!!

I have bind file name to my input field , file name is displaying perfectly same procedure follow by file size it is also displaying perfectly but issue is like that how to import excel file data to c4c. Can you help me out.

Regards,

Puneet Mittal

former_member183363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depending on what data you're actually trying to import --- account data, etc. --- you may be able to make use of the migration templates. I don't know much about those, but I know they're used to import large amounts of data when setting up a system. Beyond that, I think the only way you can import extra data en masse is by using the XML file inputs --- as I said, there's no native CSV file-reading ability in ByDesign to my knowledge, and I never got around to seeing if it's possible to get a solution reading the binary file contents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

File upload requires XML data.

You can download the required xsd file defining the schema of the xml.

You can use Excel's developer tools to create the respective xml.

Best regards,

Ludger

--

Custom development with all4cloud.de

0 Kudos

Thanks Ludger for prompt reply !!!!

I have added file upload control and data list in our Embedded Component.In file upload control , we can upload only .csv file and i want to read all the .csv file data into this data list. How we can achieve this. Can you help me on this.

Regards,

Puneet Mittal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

I am sorry, I misunderstood your requirement.

I was thinking about the File Input using the PDI.

Your requirement is about the file upload control.

I haven't worked with that one yet and thus no experience regarding this.

Maybe someone else can help?

Best regards,

Ludger