cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLED_Batch_Movement Type 261

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

I am setting up batch management in my test system. While testing the batch management scenarios, I have been told that the SLED is valid only for "In-House Produced Parts (Total Shelf Life & Remaining Shelf Life details in the material master)". Will the SLED not applicable for "Externally procured parts" ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If shelf life is applicable to FG material only then maintain shelf life in days in material master ( plant storage data 1 view).

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If SLED is valid only for "In-House Produced" then maintain it only for the product having procurement type as E. In material master it can be very well maintain on product level.

Best Regards,

R. Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar,

My question is: In general practice, maintaining SLED data (Total shelf life & remaining shelf life) right practice for the "External Procured Items"?  Because the "Best Before Date (BBD)" will be calculated while doing GR for the "In-house produced parts" based on the "Manufacturing date provided" & "Total Shelf Life in material master". But for "Externally procured parts", what is the purpose of maintain the SLED data (total shelf life & remaining shelf life)  in material master? Will it make any sense? Is this data which is maintained for "External Procured parts" can be used in any goods movement transactions in SAP?

Thanks

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can have the self life data for External Procured Item while doing GR (MIGO 101) against the purchase order you can calculate Best Before Date (BBD)/SELD for your raw material which are batche managed. That can be use in batch determination of  raw materials in production or process order. Mainly Pharmaceutical  companies use the SELD for all the materials  whether it is inhouse or external purchased.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Brahmankar,

Thank you for the info. But for 'Externally Procured Parts", really I do not the BBD date since I am procuring this part from my supplier. And also I do not know really when the part was manufactured at the supplier end. Without knowing the "Actual Manufacturing Date" from supplier, I may not able to set the BBD date while doing the GR against purchase order (101 mov type).

Could you please help me to map this case in SAP?

Thanks

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In that case for your all external purchasing items, don't maintain  self life data. Only maintain it for in-house materials. And in OMJ5 Customizing define self life check for 101 movement type.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar,

If suppose, I activate "Shelf Life Check" in OMJ5 for 101 movement type, I need to enter the "BBD / SLED Date" while I do the GR against my purchase order know. But I need the "Actual Manufacturing Date" from my supplier. Can the supplier provide the "Actual Manufacturing Date" through ASN number. And I can update the ASN details in SAP in ME31n. Then the "BBD / SLED" can be auto-calculated based on the "Shelf Life Data" entered in the material mater. Will this process OK? OR Do you foresee any issue?

Thanks

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Process seems to be correct.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar,

Thank you for your feedback.

Suppose assume that I have provided "Shelf Life Data" in material master. But I have NOT activated "Batch Management Indicator" in material master. In this case still the SLED / BBD date will be applicable while doing the GR against the purchase order?

Thanks

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Batch management is required in this case. You may test it in your system and come back with your finding.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar