cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from ECC 6.0 to S/4 HANA, roles and Fiori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Does anybody know how the sap user roles will behave during the migration? Will they be saved? As I know in on-premis edition sap gui is still possible, but is it possible to adopt these roles precisely by standard tools without coding to Fiori? I'm new to Fiori and don't understand correctly how does it work, so I would very greatful for any information or direction which will help me in this issue.

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alexei,

How are you doing,

The security profile / roles which are created for existing user may not be fully extended to Fiori user.

If you read the details on any app, you will see a list of services and roles which are created and user needs to be authorized for those.

All these are generally organized under catalog , e.g. Controller.

These needs to be assigned to user role in addition to the existing roles & authorization.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Rishab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, that is very helpful. As I understood, each app has it restricted functionality and if I want to repeat precisely the role I had in my old system I need to create my own app or to choose the most compatible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexei,

Just to add on Rishab's point, I was in TechEd two weeks back and SAP mentioned that in 1511 they are introducing CDS view (Do not get confused with comparability view) and with that client need not have to do dual maintenance of authorization, which means Fiori will access the same authorization from ECC.

Regards,

Vikash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Alexei,

That is cool, However I just want to clarify a bit more ( the point you made about "create own app " made me a bit nervous )

Let's take example of Post GL document , which can be done in FB01 in ECC and also in Fiori.

For the Fiori app,

Check this link for implementation guide:-

App Implementation: Post G/L Document - SAP Fiori for the SAP Simple Finance Add-On 1.0 - SAP Librar...

If you see here, you will have a table with this details:-

Now these are the additional authorization are needed for the User ( who may be authorized to post FI document using FB01)

With these and some other settings outlined, the User can be extended to use Fiori apps to post FI document, just like he would in normal ECC scenario.

The above definition holds for transactions apps.

Apart from transactions, you have Analytical and Fact sheets.

Both of them will have separate set of authorization and should be mapped as separate role.

Hope this helps,

And making custom app is difficult and not frugal as SAP has given so many existing apps

So its time for SAP, Sit And Practice

Best of luck,

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, and does it works the same with Z-developments?