Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install SAPCAR global

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I think there is a possibility, to have SAPCAR installed global on a host.

So that I can execute from everywhere "SAPCAR -xvf..:" without having the sapcar-file in the same directory.

At least we have this on some hosts available.

I've a new host and want to realize this now on them also (other hosts have been setup from other persons).

Everything I found yet about sapcar is, that you can download it and execute it directly in the directory with the file which has to be uncard.

But how can I make the sapcar avilable global // install sapcar?

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

If by "to have SAPCAR installed global on a host" you mean being able to start the SAPCAR without specifying the full path of the SAPCAR program, then you have to modify your PATH environment variables in order to point to /sapmnt/SID/exe.

This way, no matter the current directory you're in , you can trigger SAPCAR without specifying the full path of the executable.

Meaning, with the PATH variable updated accordingly, you will use this syntax :

SAPCAR -xvf "my_.sar_or_.car_file"

instead of

/sapmnt/SID/SAPCAR -xvf "my_.sar_or_.car_file" .

no matter the directory you're in.

HTH,

Best regards,

Steve.

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

can you guide me how to do this?

Thanky ou

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

What's your OS ?

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

In my case, I moved the sapcar.exe executable to a directory from %PATH%, e.g. c:\windows\system32. Then I can call it, no matter the directory I am.

The same applies if you are using Unix/Linux.

I hope this helps,

Cris

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Christian,

If you are logging onto your SAP host as the <sid>adm user, then the instance executable folder should already be in the user's path. As most OS operations should be performed as the sidadm user anyway, it shouldn't be an issue. The kernel executables should include sapcar.exe along with them in that folder.

Cheers,

Matt

Answers (0)