Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

UI5 deployment in gateway

Hi,

We want to develop a customed UI5 application with SD data in our sap landscape.

Our gateway deployment scenario is central hub with connection to backend. The gateway has been deployed stand-alone, In the backend, only IW_BEP has been installed.

My questions -

1. where can we develop the gateway services ? in backend ?

2. where can we deploy our UI5 application ? in front-end server - the gateway ?

3. if we use the eclipse ide to connect to gateway service, which system do we need to connect ? front-end or backend ?

Thank you.

Kind regards

Benj.

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Benjamin,

Yes first you have to create RFC between both systems and create aliases in SPRO. Do you know the paths in gateway and backend you have to configure?

You are right creating service in SEGW and than you can start registering service also in SEGW. If you have configured the alias correctly you will be get redirected to gateway Server. Some transports pop up and service gets registered in gateway server. Sure you can also make it manually via /iwfnd/maintain_service.

Where do you create or later deploy your application isn't relevant. At my company i can't deploy my SAPUI5 applications on a SAP because the UI5 Version is to low. So I run my UI5 Apps on a seperate Webserver. There is only one problem if you don't deploy the UI5 APP at the Gateway: You have to solve CORS Problems maybe via Reverse Proxy or make some configs in your Webdispatcher.

Hope it helps you

Regards

Max

1 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question