Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI5 deployment in gateway

jerome_lim
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to develop a customed UI5 application with SD data in our sap landscape.

Our gateway deployment scenario is central hub with connection to backend. The gateway has been deployed stand-alone, In the backend, only IW_BEP has been installed.

My questions -

1. where can we develop the gateway services ? in backend ?

2. where can we deploy our UI5 application ? in front-end server - the gateway ?

3. if we use the eclipse ide to connect to gateway service, which system do we need to connect ? front-end or backend ?

Thank you.

Kind regards

Benj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have two abilities. You can only Register the Service in Gateway or also make the Service Implementation at the Gateway. If you also make Implementation in Gateway you have to use RFC to get Data from Backend.

For the first Scenario simply go to tcode SEGW start building your Service and make your Registration at the Gateway. Please make sure you have customize the alias correctly. After that the Service Registration is done in Gateway and your data Comes from backend. So in UI5 App you have now to call http://gatwayserv:8000/sap/opu/odata/SAP/YOUR_SERVICE_SRV/

If you Need further help let me know.

Greets

Max

jerome_lim
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Max,

Based on our scenario - central hub deployment - one gateway server with different backend sap systems. could you explain ?

- register service in gateway ? did you mean that we have to configure the rfc between gateway server and backend, create the gateway services with segw in backend, then user /iwfnd/maintain_service to register the services in gateway front-end server ?

- make the service implentation in gateway ? did you mean here, use segw to create the service and user /iwfnd/maintain_service register  services in gateway ?

in both case, shall we create the ui5 application in gateway front-end server ?

Thank you

Benjamin

SB9
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Go through the below link -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

Yes first you have to create RFC between both systems and create aliases in SPRO. Do you know the paths in gateway and backend you have to configure?

You are right creating service in SEGW and than you can start registering service also in SEGW. If you have configured the alias correctly you will be get redirected to gateway Server. Some transports pop up and service gets registered in gateway server. Sure you can also make it manually via /iwfnd/maintain_service.

Where do you create or later deploy your application isn't relevant. At my company i can't deploy my SAPUI5 applications on a SAP because the UI5 Version is to low. So I run my UI5 Apps on a seperate Webserver. There is only one problem if you don't deploy the UI5 APP at the Gateway: You have to solve CORS Problems maybe via Reverse Proxy or make some configs in your Webdispatcher.

Hope it helps you

Regards

Max

jerome_lim
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Max,

Thank you for the info.

I am able to import the gateway services into gateway server only from the gateway server, not from backend, probably due the the nw sp level issue.

it seems the services are created with empty namespace. How can we resolve this ? I have the model correctly created under the company namepace, but when the services are imported into gateway server, the namepace field is empty. why ?

if we deploy the UI5 app, note, not the sap ui5 app into gateway server, do we need any extra add-on to make it work ?

Thank you.

Benjamin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

sorry for late reply. I was at university and forgot to answer. If the registration is not possible I think you have a wrong customizing/RFC Connection. Do you know what Customizing points are required to set? If not i can describe them here.

Empty sounds like there was no service generated. Can you set the field?

If you want to deploy the UI5 App at Gateway Server its easy. UI5 Apps are stores as BSPs. No extra add-on is required but i would recommend to add webdispatcher in front of your gateway for future safety.

Greets

Max

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Pavan_Golesar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Since you have Central hub, you create your services in Netweaver Gateway and not in ECC.

These Link will be useful for getting clear Idea of embedded vs Hub deployment(which is ur case).

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

--PavanG

SB9
Active Participant
0 Kudos

See my answer inline below. Hope that helps -

My questions -

1. where can we develop the gateway services ? in backend ?

> Yes in the ECC system (backend system) where you can directly access the SD data.

2. where can we deploy our UI5 application ? in front-end server - the gateway ?

>SAPUI5 application (html, java script files ) will be deployed in Front end server, which will be Gateway server (ABAP application server ).

3. if we use the eclipse ide to connect to gateway service, which system do we need to connect ? front-end or backend ?

> You will use a browser for gateway services - to test the services. Maybe use a plugin also like Postman.