cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C4C |Target Groups | How can I add contacts to a target group based on the industry their account belongs to??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

can somebody help me with this problem? I desperately seek for a solution on this, because many campaigns are industry driven and until now I couldn't discover a function, that hepls me with this...

Thank you very much

Sybille.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sybille,

you should open the Account Work Center, click on Advanced filter, choose your Industry and then click "Go". Then select the customers displayed and click on top-right button "Actions -> Create target group".

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrei,

perhaps I don't get ist, but I want to have Contacts in my target group, not Accounts... If I follow your instruction, i get a list of Accounts, but no contacts...

Thank you,
Sybille

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sybille,

but you don't have a standard field "Industry" related to the contact business object.

If you created a custom field "Industry" on your contact BO, then you should go in Adaptation Mode -> Further Usage and add your custom field to the enterprise search (search category Contacts). Doing this you will be able to find your field inside the extended search and create target groups like previously described for accounts.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andrei

I am fairly new to C4C.  My requirement is to add the "Role" of an account to the selection of the "Contact Person" to add CP to the target groups. So it is in line with "Industries" in this post.

Role = Customer or Prospect in our business case.

When you refer to contact BO, is this in the SDK? or is this via configuration in C4C? I found the further Usage for this custom field on the screen "Add members >> contact person" of a target group. However I am not able to link this to my contact person.  The field is available but the search result is not giving me the correct result.  Can you please help me and provide me additional information related to the solution you provided in your previous post?

If you created a custom field "Industry" on your contact BO, then you should go in Adaptation Mode -> Further Usage and add your custom field to the enterprise search (search category Contacts). Doing this you will be able to find your field inside the extended search and create target groups like previously described for accounts.

Thank you!

Kind regards

Answers (0)