cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOV's in BO Universe . UNV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We have an objects in the BO universe (.unv) in which it has LOV's of more than 1+ million values. Recently the universe got  migrated from XIR2 to XI4.1 SP6 . In XIR2 we don't see any issues when this particular object is selected as filter and chosen the values from the list.

In XI4.1 we have followed the same steps and it shows partial values message at the bottom as shown in the attached image.

Basically, I would like to know how to get this rid of partial values without increasing the "WebiParamMaxLovSize" drastically in the BO server and also without archiving the data in the database. Also, it is taking more than 5 min to fetch all the LOV's for this objects.

So, I want the various options on how overcome this partial values issue.

Please let me your thoughts on the same.

Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadeesh,

Check what value is set for MAX_INLIST_VALUES parameter in universe.

Set it to -1 and check if it fixes the issue.

Regards,

Yuvraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can get rid of partial values in Webi report with out increasing "WebiparamMaxLovSize".

Select the object in Business Layer and navigate to Advanced Options, there you can find "Allow User to search values in the database, check the option for that field.

In Report Level while refreshing the query, select the prompt and you will find the search button list box, there you select the option as 'Search on Database'

To Search Text add * Like below

AYAYA* and hit enter button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you reply Ravi.

I am using the Universe Designer tool and I could see the below options only :

Allow Users to edit the LOV's

Automatic refresh before user

Hierarchical Display

Export with Universe

Delegate Search.

But, I don't see the option which you have mentioned "Allow User to search values in the database"

Please help!

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Checked the checkbox "Delegate Search".After that LOV's  list will not appear automatic.users needs to search the values in the prompt.

Amit