Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Need to execute a workflow as a new instance.

Hi Everyone,

Being a novice in workflows , I need your help with the following scenario.

I need to re-instantiate a workflow as a new instance only because the current instance says that the WF status is still "In progress", checking in detail I see that some work items have been logically deleted, I don't know how.. but it seems to have happened when someone was trying to manually complete it.

However I do not know how the workflow is triggered or if at all there is a an underlying business object that triggers it.

When I checked under SWDD>>basic data......... I do not see a start condition maintained in the workflow.

I also checked swe2 for an event linkage ... I do not see an entry maintained.

Can someone explain what does this imply? Is there a way to check the business object that triggers this workflow? or is it maintained somewhere?

Thank you

Tags:
replied

Hi,

Basically you can start a workflow via an event (preferred way) or directly via a function module (or several)

So first check your former instance to see if the workflow had been triggered via an event

If this is the case, then check the setting of the event linkage in SWETYPV or SWE2

if the linkage is inactive it can be cause by the default system setting that is set as deactivate if there is an error => this shall be changed

so you would need to reactivate the event linkage

Cheers

Stephane

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question