Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspension

former_member312537
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am having one scenario regarding suspension case.

We are maintaining suspension action and suspension leave in the system. Whenever employee goes for suspension with pending en query as a reason will run the action and will maintain the IT 2001 for a particular to reduce his/her salary.

Ex: Employee is in suspension from 15.07.2015 to 16.09.2015. In this case, employee should get regular salary of 14 days with statutory effect for the month july and 15-30 days as subsistence allowance without statutory effect in the payslip.

In the month of Aug, he/she should get only Subsistence allowance without statutory effect in the payslip.

In the month of Sept, 1-16 Subsistence allowance and remaining days should be with regular salary.

How to achieve this scenario.

Below are the PCR return for suspension case. I placed after X023.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is how we handle suspensions in my client's process:

1) Two action types - Suspension & Withdrawal of Suspension which do not change employment status of the employee

2) When the Suspension action is executed, IT 8 is copied effective the suspension date with only one wage type - Subsistence allowance. This wage type is configured such that there is no statutory effect.

3) When the Withdrawal of Suspension action is execute, IT 9 is once again restored effective the action start date, the original wage types are entered in It 8.

There is no entry made in IT 2001 for the suspension period.

former_member312537
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Taniya,

Thanks for input. Its useful let me work around on same concept.

If there is any possibility to control on PCR level just let me know.

In our case we are maintaining IT 2001 for suspension because first 90 days salary should be calculated 75% if more than 90days salary should be calculated 25% of his/her actual salary

Regards,

Ashutosh Katekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didn't understand your requirement about 90 days salary etc. Could you explain with an example? Also could you let me know exactly what the PCR should do?

former_member312537
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok, the situation is

suppose employee XYZ has been suspended from 15 Nov 2015 then we will update IT 2001 suspension leave  and xyz will receive salary 75% of his actual gross. suppose his suspension continues for 90 days then for 3 months he will continue to receive 75% salary.

If suspension prolongs for next month i.e 4th Month then salary should be 25% of his/her actual gross salary.

So we are passing the time wage types for 75% and 25% through absence evaluation.

Instead of maintaining manually in IT8 as a suspension allowance i want to control on PCR level.

Regards,

Ashutosh Katekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks for clarifying. What values do your time wage types contain? The number of days for which the person has been suspended? Could you share a screenshot of ZL after running time evaluation for any suspended employee so I can understand what values come here?

former_member312537
Participant
0 Kudos

We are not running any time evaluation. In the absence valuation I am maintaining the percentage for suspension absence type and passing the value to one wage type.

Ex: 15.07.2015 - 30.07.2015 Suspension period, so in this case TAKU** will get update with 8.50 and passing the value to one wage type for payslip purpose.

So based on the above PCR system is calculating gross salary. But client want bifurcation .on regular and subsistence salary separately.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. Can we maintain two absence types- one for 90 days suspension, the other for post-90 days? If yes, we can maintain different valuation rules for both.

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We can hadle it in the system with the help of absence types create two different absence types and then we can configure absence valuation with 75% 25%.

The other way is with the help of time evaluation we can handle it with one absence type only.

Regards

Venkatesh

former_member312537
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tania/Venkat,

I am already using absence types.

The problem is how to print the regular salary and subsistence allowance at a time in the payslip.

ex: 1-15 ( regular salary with statutory) 16-30(Subsistence allowance without statutory deduction).

Regards,

Ashutosh katekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can control this using PCRs. My question was, are you ok with two separate absence types for 90 days suspension & post 90 days suspension? If yes, will guide you on the solution.

former_member312537
Participant
0 Kudos

yes Tania I am ok with this

Former Member
0 Kudos

One question - do all wage types that add to monthly gross /101 have the same value in processing class 10? If yes, what is this value?

former_member312537
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not all the components have PC 10 specification 1.

I maintained 1 and 0.

Regards,

Ashutosh Katekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

So the wage types with PC10 = 0 should not be reduced if the employee is suspended?

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It can be possible, but it needs lot of efforts to map all changes in the system.

Regards

Venkatesh

former_member312537
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

See, ex: Basic Salary - 5000 (PC 10 -1 )

HRA - 5000 (PC 10 -1 )

Commutation allowance - 10000 (PC 10 -0 ).

From 01-07-2015 - 14-07-2015 and 15-07-2015 - 30-07-2015(Suspension period) .

Payslip should contain ,

Basic salary - 2333

HRA - 2333

Commutation allowance - 5000

Subsistence allowance - 5334.

Next period : only subsistence allowance.

Regards,

Ashutosh katekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do you get 2333? Can you share a screenshot of INP1 or its copy? Expand the /801 node so I can understand how you are calculating partial period factors.

former_member312537
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tania,

Sorry for the late reply , I will proceed with your solution  it feels good for me but how to achieve if component maintained in IT0014.

Regards,

Ashutosh Katekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Should be possible. I will guide you on the solution. Please send me a screenshot of the current PCR you use (INP1 or its copy).

former_member312537
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tania,

As requested please find the screenshot.

Payslip

ZNP1

ZVAL Part 1

ZVAL Part 2

ZSUS PART 1

ZSUS PART 2

ZSU1  Part 1

ZSU Part 2

Regards,

Ashutosh Katekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you send a screenshot of the PCRs from PE02 as well as processing of the PCRs from the payroll log?

former_member312537
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tania,

As requested please find the screen shot.

ZNP1

Part1

Part2

ZVAL

Part1

Part2

ZSUS

Part1

PART2

ZSU1

Part1

Part2

Regards,

Ashutosh Katekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you expand the node /801 in ZNP1 and send a screenshot?

former_member312537
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tania,

Please find requested screenshot

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the wage types 8001 & 8003?

former_member312537
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tania

8001 half day LOP

8003 Half day ESIC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, will not change the existing rule as I assume it is working correctly. I suggest the below solution:

1) The absence types for Suspension 90 days & post 90 days will be valuated as unpaid.

2) We will create a new PCR that will compute wage type value from IT8 (or 14 or 15) - wage type value after factoring due to suspension. The result will be stored in a variable. After this PCR is processed for all wage types that should be factored due to suspension, the variable will be updated with:

/101 (whole month assuming no suspension) - /101 for part of the month where employee is not suspended

4) We will create a new PCR to calculate subsistence allowance based on time wage type(there will be a different time wage type for each absence type Suspension & post 90 days suspension).

If the time wage type is Suspension, then subsistence allowance will be calculated as 75% of the variable from step 3.

If the time wage type is Post 90 days suspension, subsistence allowance=25% of the variable.

Please confirm if the approach is ok with you, will then guide you in detail.

former_member312537
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will accept your solution. Currently I am using two PCR for suspension.

when there is split in the Actions, in our example I am not disturbing the first split instead of passing the second split to one variable called &ABCD.

In my second PCR, I queried based on action type(suspension) and took the variable value of ABCD and pass it to subsistence allowance component. The subsistence component contents the 18 days period amount(14-07-2015 - 30-07-2015).

But in the RT all the wage types are saved without splits. Because, of this Basic salary and other components contents 30 days amount together.

So, please help on this.

Regards,

Ashutosh Katekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you send a scrrenshot of the two absence types for Suspension & the valuation rules.

former_member312537
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tania

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, for the solution that i have mentioned earlier, the first step is to make both these valuation rules 100% unpaid. The reason for this is that we do not want the regular wage types to be computed at all for the suspension period. Instead we want subsistence allowance in that period which we will be calculated through different PCRs. So can you make the change in valuation rules effective whichever date you want this solution.

former_member312537
Participant
0 Kudos

Need clarity on

1.How 50% and 75% salary payment will happen in case of suspension??

2.Why we are not printing the regular wage types???

Could you please elaborate in detail

Regards,

Ashutosh Katekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Check step 2 & 4 of the solution i designed earlier. We are first finding out original gross(before factoring) - new gross (after suspension factoring). This result gives us the gross for suspension period. We will then multiply the gross for suspension period by 50% or 75% based on the suspension type.

2) We are printing the regular wagetypes only for the non-suspension period. We do not wabnt these wage types in the suspension period since during suspension:

a) Only subsistence allowance is applicable which is calculated above

b) No statutory impact is required hence all regular wage types should not be present

So regular wage types will exist with the amounts for the non-suspension period, for the suspension period subsistence allowance will exist.

former_member312537
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am okay with your solution. How should I proceed now??

former_member312537
Participant
0 Kudos

I maintained subsistence allowance from 15 July onwards in IT 0008 Without statutory effect.

Its working fine.  But I am using suspenison leave because I need to use for payslip and for several reports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm confused - I thought your requirement is to generate subsistence allowance without maintaining it in IT 8?

former_member312537
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tania,

I was happy with your solution, so i am maintaining in IT 0008.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, so you can maintain in IT 8 and update suspension leave. Suspension leave should be such that it does not have any impact on pay since now that is no longer required.

former_member312537
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tania,

Suppose, gross salary is 10K. When suspension runs for the particular period say ex: 15072015.

I am creating record with the suspension allowance in IT 0008 with effect from 15072015 of amount 10K and maintaining IT 2001( Subsistence  leave).

Is it correct or ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, so instead of updating the subsistence value(75% of gross), you are maintaining the entire gross & then using the suspension leave to reduce it to 75%?

Yes that's a good idea.

former_member312537
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tania,

Thanks a lot for keeping us posted for this issue. For us this its going good if we face any issue will post in same post.

Once again thanks alot.

Regards,

Ashutosh Katekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're welcome!