SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering an SMS text message from BRF Plus Collection Step

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues.

Has anyone successfully triggered an SMS text message to a mobile phone using BRF Plus ?

We have a requirement to do this from within a Collection Step in SAP IS-U.

Any feedback would be really appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Ivor Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

yevgen_trukhin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivor, BRF+ has a way to insert custom actions via static method call or FM call. I think you can code a static method call where you can plugin the code to call public remote API from SMS provider. Frequently, it is a REST API, ABAP has REST API library which you can use to make the calls. I believe this is how you can achieve your requirement.

Best Regards, Yevgen

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

yevgen_trukhin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivor, BRF+ has a way to insert custom actions via static method call or FM call. I think you can code a static method call where you can plugin the code to call public remote API from SMS provider. Frequently, it is a REST API, ABAP has REST API library which you can use to make the calls. I believe this is how you can achieve your requirement.

Best Regards, Yevgen

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Ivor:

some things to consider...

• brfplus in the dunning context can only be used to define the identity of the action to take - it cannot be used to perform the action itself.  this is the standard proposal/activity distinction.  the use of brfplus or dunning procedure does not help/hinder this requirement.
  • the dunning activity run would generate the actions.  typically this is run in the early AM.  is it expected to send the message at that time?  or to schedule it for a particular time, possibly based on some customer parameters?  You would need to define an activity which sends the SMS to the proper phone number.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi William,

Could you please more specific on the point 2, how to achive this  if I want send the SMS in the same time of sending Email.

0 Kudos

There is no standard functionality for that - you would need to design/build it for yourself.  I only mentioned as considerations.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the conformation William.

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yevgen and Bill,

Thanks a lot for your prompt feedback.

It gives me an idea of what the capabilities as well as limitations are.

Regards,

Ivor