cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mto scenatio price updating

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1.Explained how to update price in MTO scenario for single material?

2.What are the step followed to update the price for SFG? (Changing of old price 50 to new Price for a single material)

3.If we are running mr21 what are the indicator should be followed like price control, costing variant etc?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

I think on this issue already you have posted...however material pricing is not depending on MTS or MTO  ..rather depends on its procurement type based on which you are defining the mat type and price control.

So..first you tell whether your sfg is a inhouse manufacturing item or a trading item like raw mat?

If it is a In-house manufacturing item then Price control will be S and you have to calculate standard cost and update it in Mat Master costing view 2..you can update on monthly or early basis. So in that case no question of MR21 coming into picture

Now if it is trading item with price control S then you can change the price with MR21 as and when required. But "Do not cost" should be ticked to prevent standard cost calculation

If it is trading item with price control V you can change the price with MR21 but not advisable because MAP is always adjusted through incoming consignment price and if you change it manually will give inconsistent price.

Now you can choose as per your material status. If you have further query may revert back..

kamal   

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

thanks for the suggestion.

the procurement type is F(External procurement) and price control is  V and material ledger is not activated (OMX1) so suggest me how to change the standard price

I have doubt can we only change the standard price in the above case only after invoice has been raised.(external procurement).

Regards,

Ravi.

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

If it is external procure item with price control V then question of standard price does not arise at all..

Why are you trying for standard price because at every transaction level of this mat system will pick only MAP as per master data

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actual requirement issue from client is the standard price is not update in MM03 when price changed in MR21 so suggest me how to clarified  client

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Tell them the concept of price control...

When a material having price control V then standard price will not be considered by system because mostly material are procured items and automatically MAP is calculated when any new consignment is purchased and received.

Even you manually put some standard price in MMaster it will only for information..you can't change it is MR21...if you change any price in MR21 it will change MAP in master..which is wrong.

Standard price only possible if you maintain S in MMaster as price control. So if they want this material will be in standard price then have to change the price control

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kamal,

sorry if i am deviating from the topic,, actually i also faced same problem with my client,, have a small doubt in mind, please clarify me,,,

As you said, if Price control is 'V', if we maintained Standard price it will be information purpose only, i also agree with that,

suppose one material is having Both the prices, MAP and Standard,, and say ML is not active, and now if i want to change Material Price through MR21, which price can i Change is MAP or Strandard or Both,,,,?

Please advice me,,,

rgds,

ravi

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ravi

You can change only MAP as per Price Control indicator...

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kamal sir

actual u said that (When a material having price control V then standard price will not be considered by system because mostly material are procured items and automatically MAP is calculated when any new consignment is purchased and received.)

in my case it is picking up the standard price only not moving price

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you ticked "Do not Cost" tab in costing view? and price control V

Kamal