Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically populate Surveys in a Visit

arlene_milano
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have set up an activity plan and routing rules ,  with a simple rule where  Account country = 'US' and have activated the routing rule.  I am expecting when I open the visit on the IPAD and click on the Survey tab  using a visit with an account country = US that  I would see the 3 surveys that are in the activity plan.  I have to manually select the surveys one by one and then they appear in the visit. Is there a background job or workflow that is needed to run to make them appear automatically when I open the tab? 

Thanks,

Arlene

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

arlene_milano
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you !

former_member200026
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arlene,

The surveys does get populated automatically but after an 'x' amount of time. There is a backgorund job which gets run and populates the survey

Regards,

Bejoy

arlene_milano
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you  for your reply.

Is there a way, transaction , menu path I can check to  ensure that this background job is running ?

former_member200026
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arlene,

This is not a scheduled Job, but an internal background job.

Regards,

Bejoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bejoy,

How long is exactly the "x" amount of time. Daily, once an hour?

Does this also mean that until the job has run you  cannot execute the survey > answer the questions?

Currently i assigned the surveys, but the answers stay greyed out.

Any idea?

MJ

former_member200026
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marie,

This is an internal batch job and runs when the visit gets created. In the Visits you can CheckIn to the Visit, select the Survey from List and then edit the survey.

Regards,

Bejoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bejoy,

Well... the survey is not immediately changeable when i add it manually. So i am trying to figure out with what time interval this internal batch job runs.

So it looks that ad hoc visit creation and survey maintenance does not work as a scenario. Creating a visit upfront for e.g. the day after including the relevant surveys does work.

MJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marie Jose,

A few things:

- when you create the activityplan you can check the checkbox 'assign automatically' for surveys/tasks. In this way the batchjob will pick up and assign your surveys to the visit.

- my experience was that the batch jobs runs every +/-10 minutes, but is seems to be changed to once a day (for us around 04.00 h)

- for adhoc visit creation you can use the refresh visit option. In this way your activityplan routing rules are executed immediately and your surveys will be attached if you have checked the checkbox above.

KR,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Simon!

Sounds good i will follow your approach with regards to the adhoc created visits.

MJ