cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bin location for Serial Number Goods Receipt and Receipt from Production

JeffWill
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a client who is testing bins in 9.1 PL09 and they are having problems receiving serialized items with a Goods Receipt.  When they try to add a Goods Receipt or Receipt from Production Transactions for Serialized item, they do not get the option to manually specify the bins they want to receive the quantities into. In other words, the Bin Location Allocation window does not open. The items are automatically received into the system bin.

They need to be able to manually specify the location to receive the inventory into from the documents, Goods Receipts or Receipt from Production. How do we or can we achieve that?

The warehouse does have the bins enabled and Enable Receiving Bin Locations is checked.  They are a high volume production company and they cannot use a Default bin location or the system bin location.

Is there a way to specify a bin location for Goods Receipt and Receipt from Production?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Will,

With item managed by serial number, there is a Bin Location column on Serial Number screen. You can set bin location there

Regards,

Wongso

JeffWill
Participant
0 Kudos

This field is grayed out in this system.  What settings do you have for the warehouse and the item? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Will,

Sorry for late reply.

Warehouse settings:

I didn't find any settings on item master data that seems to be related with bin locations field grayed out, however, you might want to check Bin Location Master Data instead, maybe you restrict item or transaction?

and I just realized that the bin location field is disabled before i set serial number

Regards,

Wongso

frank_wang6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check document setting.

Frank