cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

supported linux flavours for ASE 16 Developer Edition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've seen mention of RedHat & SUSE linux flavours in installation notes.

Are no other linux flavours supported then?

Would I be able to install ASE 16 Developer Edition on CentOS7_x64?

Anybody actually done so?

Failing that how do people get access to RedHat or SUSE OS to test Sybase Developer Edition if you can't afford the software support licence?

Kind regards,

G.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No others supported that I know of. However, supported is not the same as working.

ASE, REP & IQ work fine on Ubuntu. Pretty sure I've successfully used Centos in the past too. I expect it'll work on almost any Linux version - especially free distributions based on the supported ones.

Only tricky bit might be working out the additional packages you need to install ... as there'll be no installation document to walk you through it.

Rgds,

Antony

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Haven't used CentOS7 as much, but CentOS6.x a lot.

The following libraries are required (according to one of the old docs:

openmotif, libXp, libXt, libXtst, libXi, libXmu, libXext, libSM, liblCE, libX11

The ones above are really for the GUI.  The installer is 32-bit java, so install both the 32-bit and 64-bit openmotif libraries.  The other libraries are usually installed as part of the dependencies (I think Java in particular needs libXtst.so.4, if I remember correctly).

The dsedit and srvbuild utilities are also 32-bit, so need the openmotif 32-bit also to run the GUIs.

For ASE itself to run, you should have the latest glibc and compat-glibc at the correct bitness.

Chris