cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Order is created for Externally Procured material.

0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

The Requirement is to determine new Production order by Item category for SAP PS. Currently, the Production order(ZP04) is determined by strategy group. I created new Production Order(ZP05) & Requirement Type(ZZ5). For new Production Order determination by new Item Category(ZTAN), I maintained settings in OVZI as Item Category (ZTAN) + MRP Type (PD) + Requirement Type (ZZ5) + Source 1. Now, new Production Order(ZP05) is correctly determined in Sales Order as desired but it is creating Production Order for Externally Procured(F) stock material too and In SO Procurement tab the requirement type is ZZ5 instead of KSV. If I don't maintain configuration in OVZI then wrong production order(ZP04) is determined by strategy group. We don't want to change anything in Material master. Please suggest.

Regards

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Amit

It is possible to create a production order for a material with procurement type F on the standard system.

I assume that you are using a requirement type with an assembly type, which means that the production order is directly created by the sales order. In this case, the requirement type will create a production order despite the procurement type.

Regards

Caetano

0 Kudos

Hello Caetano,

Thanks for reply!

Yes, we are using requirement type with assembly type 2(Production order, network or service (static processing)). In Old requirement type, no Prod. order is being created for Procurement type F. Old requirement type is determined by strategy group & new requirement type by Item category+MRP in OVZI (Source2). The other difference is new Account assignment category is Q(Proj. make-to-order) instead of E(Ind. cust. w. KD-CO) and special stock is now defaulted as Q(Project stock)

How to stop system from creating Prod. order for Procurement type F.

Regards

Amit

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

If you are using assembly processing with production orders, system will create productions orders! There is no check for the procurement type on the standard system in this scenario.

Best regards
Caetano Almeida

0 Kudos

Hello Caetano,

Thanks! i guess either we have to go by new Item category or new MRP type. I will keep looking for the solution and will update the discussion accordingly.

Any other suggestion from experts are welcome.

Thanks again!

Regards

Amit