Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB1B, 309 E with a serial number is a point of no return

syerazvi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I currently have sales order stock for material  A-101 and serial number being 1XCBD9 (Sap order 1000000)

Now I have transferred the sales order stock to material B-101 with a 309 E MB1B and the same serial number 1XCBD9 reflects in material document

I now want to return the sales stock back to material  "A-101" by cancelling the material document but it now throws an error as below

“Serial number 1XCBD9 already exists for material A-101

“Serial number cannot be used here”

Might help: The SAP sales order 1000000 is currently with material A-101 and cancelling material document with and without serial number 1XCBD9 assigned in the order did not work

The SAME serial number 1XCBD9 exists for both materials A-101 & B-101.

I know this has tricked SAP into some confusion but there is a way out, just need to know the sequence of steps.

I think serial number needs to be put into a particular status or it needs to be removed from the order then perform the reversal/cancelling

Need the delicate steps in a sequence

Syed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

once if you assign the serial number for a particular material if the stock gets consumed or transferred to another material also system will not allow you to assign the same serial number

Possibilities :

1. Change the serial number status of A-101 material as AVLB through the IQ02-Edit->Manual selection--> change the status of the serial number

even if this is not possible then try the second option

2. change the serial number of A-101 as 1XCBD9 to 1XCBD9. through IQ02 --> Edit --> Manual selection--> change serial number

then try the 309 E from B-101 to A-101 with the original serial number

Regards,

Venkatesh..