Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OR operation in DMC_ACSPL_SELECT for different fields

dmitry_kuznetsov1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Using the handy steering table of DMC_ACSPL_SELECT.

An interesting requirement I have: I need the whole FI history for a particular G/L Account and all the data (irrespective of G/L Account) for year 2015 and up.

In other words to filter table BSEG by Year GJAHR with particular years or G/L Account SAKNR with Particular Account Numbers. Something to result in a statement

WHERE GJAHR >= '2015'

OR SAKNR = '0000051138'

Now if I maintain records as follows, the job just stops with an error in the source...

Any recommendations?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dmitry_kuznetsov1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ok, I checked short dumps on source system and, apparently, the generated select is using AND operator anyway without asking you after the "change" of field .

Which means it is not possible to use an "Or" operand. Still would be nice to see what are the other options for such selections...

Cheers,

Dmitry

www.bi-consulting.eu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I actually found that my Initial load using a view table with relevant selections runs faster than adding filters in DMC_ACSPL_SELECT. However, only for very large tables (+1 billion records).

You can in LTRS define a Viewtable to be used for Initial load only, and let the normal table be used for replication.

In the view table, OR statements work fine.

dmitry_kuznetsov1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Leo, thanks for reacting to this thread. Can you please give a bit of more details on how to work with the views, I have not done it previously yet? Appreciate your help

Cheers,

Dmitry

www.bi-consulting.eu