cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple ISA's in Inbound file, i cant get the 997's for the ISA's to process out to customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on scenario where inbound file contains multiple ISA's I have 3 integrated scenarios

1. SFTP Sender to EDI_Sep_Receiver with 997 config

2. EDI 997_Sep_Customer to SFTP Receiver

3. EDI_Sep_Sender to SAP Idoc(mapping)

This setup works when there is only 1 ISA in the file, but when there are 1+ ISA's then it fails to produce the 997 and it does not send the mapped file to SAP.

I also had another integrated scenarios in this configuration but I removed it, yet it still shows up in message monitor as failure (how do I remove this from the process) I thought removing from the configuration scenario would do it.

What I am looking for is, if anyone has this requirement, can you send me the details of  each your integration scenarios, so I can determine if I have mine setup correctly and also if I have the correct number of Integration scenarios for processing multiple ISA's.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

See my answer in this other thread - we had requested this last year sometime because of how messages come from one VAN provider and SAP has released a note in March of 2015: http://scn.sap.com/message/16151031#16151031

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

I read the blog you provided, but what I am unclear on is do I need to include the sender ID or the Receiver ID in the Sender 997 EDI seperator, since its a 997 the sender is our company and I would think that is constant.

but the receiver of the 997 can be different depending on who send the inbound file.

please advise.

Thanks,

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

My response references an OSS note that SAP has delivered to handle the multiple ISA thing - the note number is: 2143607

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ryan,

Also note that if I add both sender ID and Receiver ID, then process a inbound file with multiple ISA, it fails to find the 997 sender EDI Sep.

Keith

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

You have tried this scenario after applying the note to see if the system fails to find the right EDI separator channel?

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

if I populate the document type = 997 and leave all ID's as ".*" I can process the 997's for the multiple ISA file.

The problem is I would like to make sure only this specific partner who is sending the inbound file is getting their 997's and not getting everyone else's 997 since there is no Receiver Id populated.

do you have any insight into what the receiver adaptor is looking for when searching for the sender EDI sep,?

so I can configure this sender sep correctly.

Thanks,

Keith

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

I could see a couple of possible options here:

1.  Keep your EDI separator sender with 997 and then do some ID based routing so you have one channel that goes to a dummy receiver and then a second receiver for the partner where you want 997s to be directed.  I have not done this exact thing but we have a split on our 997 iFlow to handle partners with different AS2 URLs (interface split but you can do a receiver split also).  See below for an example:

2. Add an ID into the EDI separator sender channel so that others will end up out in the great yonder to never be heard from again.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keith

There was a similar issue here a while back - refer below.

I think the current B2B Add on does not support this yet, so best you raise a ticket to SAP as mentioned in the thread.

Rgds

Eng Swee