is that possible?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

umehring4cloud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

Did you check if UI switches would help you? I never worked with them, but from what I could read in the documentation, they might help solve your request. You can find the description in chapter 9.5.2.3 in the SDK documentation.

Best regards,

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are able to add an extensibility anchor to the custom UI component and be able to hide it via adaption, then this will enable it be controlled with the C4C KUT page layouts (which is the best practice to implement dynamic UI) to hide show UI components by business role or by BO instance attributes

sumeet_narang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

Agree with Rei. If you add anchors to your embedded component, you would be able to change the properties of the EC via adaptation. You can then hide the EC using Page Layouts.

Regards,

Sumeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe!

Thanks for your help! i didn't know that functionality .. i was reading about it and i think is very useful .. but you can only control fields

thanks!

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ivan,

If your BO is supporting ACL (annotation AccessControlContext) you can make use of it also for an EC.

For details see 's document here.

HTH,

Horst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ivan, you can also refer to this blog that is another way to solve your problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to hide my two EC sections based on business roles for few users. I have tried defining anchors in Extensibility Explorer but still I am facing issue in hiding the same in Page Layout.

When we edit the layout and make the sections not visible , we still see the sections on the layout

Hospitality Section not visible on Edit Page Layout , but we still see this section on UI for user with this layout.

I am able to hide the section but the fields still remain as visible. May be I am missing some particular section to hide out.

Please find screenshots below

Am I missing something?

Thanks

saruchi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

you can use front-end scripting in the UI-Designer to achieve something similar to that:

1. Add an OBN-navigation to the floorplan hosting the embedded component.
    Important: This navigation is used to control access restrictions: everyone allowed to navigate to the OBN destination will be able to see the Embedded Component.
  2. Verify the navigation is working correctly
  3. Add the embedded component
  4. On floorplan hosting the embedded component, select the EmbeddedComponentPane (the parent pane of the embedded component) and edit the "visibility" property:
  5. Use Scripting to control the visibility of the embedded component:
    result = $controller.CheckNavigationTarget('OBNNavigationOutport')
    Use the outport of your OBN navigation from step one.
  6. Enjoy

Best regards,

Ludger

--

Custom development with all4cloud.de

former_member190501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think there is a direct access restriction on embedded view. You have to create a Page layout with or with out embedded view and assign that role to users.

Thanks,

Raju