Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppress, Hide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a report with Detail A,B,C

If I Show or Hide any one of these, it affects all three.

If I Show, I have an option to Suppress for B and C, but A only has an option to Hide.

Baffled.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

I'm unsure if your goal is to Hide (to allow drill-down) or if you want to conditionally suppress the 3 sections.

I don't know how familiar you are with Crystal, but you should be able to suppress each section independently of one another by using the suppression formula editor (button that says x-2) and putting your condition of suppression there.  (e.g., "if {parameter field} = "Detail A" then False else True" or "{datbase.field} <> 'Detail A'").

I'm not used to answering questions, so forgive me if I have misunderstood your post.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,

Erin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Erin,

I'm very familiar with Crystal, but I've never run into this one, which I've figured out..

I'm modifying a monster report, and troubleshooting.  There IS a suppress formula on Detail A, which I had to comment out in order to unconditionally suppress, because I only want to see Detail B.

I don't ever recall running into a section that doesn't even give you the option to check or uncheck.  Usually if there's a formula, I can still select suppress, even though it's being overridden by the formula.

I usually do this for a quick visual on which sections only display conditionally.

Thank you for your response, and your help

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

I'm glad you figured it out.  I don't think I helped at all, but at least I tried, right?

I've often wondered about whether or not to check the checkbox when conditionally suppressing something.  Myself, I lean toward NOT checking it, so that the formula is paid attention to - that's what I tell myself, anyway.

I have read online that this is the "preferred" method, but I have seen it work both ways.

I wish you luck with your monster report.  I'm very slow at work right now and would love to sink my teeth into anything, which is probably why I responded.

Take care,

Erin

Former Member
0 Kudos

You were certainly helpful!  I was just poking around everywhere because I'm pretty anxious to get this going.  Stumbling across the formula was luck, because like I said, I've never seen it locked in like that.

I'm bring in data with a 200 line SQL query that combines data from four different sources for a stock location.  Now we've bought another location for stock spill over.  Some of the parameters are valid for both locations, but some are only valid for our primary location.

Fun stuff!  TMI?

Thank you very much.  It's all good practice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

Not TMI at all - sounds very interesting, challenging and fun.  I wish you the best of luck in the completion.

Take care,
Erin

Answers (0)