Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS Configuration

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement to configure ADS services. We need to use the ADS services in our ECC ERP system where it doesn't have the AS JAVA usage type.

We have referred some docs and scn threads to do so. We got to know it can be done with systems having AS JAVA.

Please guide me how to use ADS services.

Also correct me if I can do like below.

We have landscape with

SAP Netweaver ECC ERP SAP_BASIS release is 731

SAP Netweaver BI JAVA  release is 7.01

SAP SOLMAN SAP_BASIS rlease is 701

Now can I configure ADS in Java and establish RFC connections to use ADS in ECC system? If so please share me anything that could help us.

Best Regards,

Amarnath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In your case I would install another AS Java landscape, dedicated to the ADS usage.

Because this will probably be used in a production setup afterwards.

I had this requirement back then, and we decided to set up 2 Java systems dedicated to ADS.

The first one is used for any non-productive usage. ie all our non productive ECC servers are using this first ADS instance ( Sandbox / DEV / QAS / Validation ) .

The second one is used for production needs. Our ECC production instance is using it.

We could have used the Java stack and ADS from solution manager for example ( or any other Java stack ) but the problem here is sometimes, you may have to update the solman java stack for purely solman needs. Then this has an impact on the ADS and would require some non-regression tests related to ECC interactions with the ADS.

As we wanted to have dedicated maintenance strategies, we decided not to do that, even if from a purely technical standpoint, this could be done.

Several documents are available to help you configure the ADS like the "Adobe Document Services Configuration Guide".

A sizing document is available : Adobe_Forms_Sizing

And also this document :

ADS Landscape Recommendations.

I don't have the links to post them here right now but if you do some googling, you'll find them.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Steve.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amarnath,

This is a recurring question and there are plenty of threads/blogs/wikis on the subject.

Steve has provided a fairly complete and concrete answer on the way to go. It's better to have a dedicated landscape as opposed to trying to cannibalise an existing stack.

Please have a look at the following thread where this was covered. Just ignore the fact that the title refers to ADS Credentials. The starter, main course and dessert are all in there.

ADS - Credentials setup | SCN

KR,

Amerjit