Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Creating External View on ERP Database Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Community Members,

i have an ERP-System based on HANA Database and i created a Database Table inside the ABAP Dictionary. Then i created an Attribute View based on this table (I know it is a bit strange to use an Attribute View only for one Table, but it works) and activated it. Everything worked fine, but when i tried to create in external View in the ABAP-View inside Eclipse i got an error (see the pic below) In the display, where i should choose the Transport request to which the External View should be assigned, i got the message that the assignment of the Objekt to the ERP Package is not possible. I only got this message, no other error message. I already read the post

and i read the SAP Notes 1837708 and 1932922 ,  but the administrator of our system does not allow to execute the necessary steps. I considered to write the Name of the Attribute View and the name of the respective repository Package in Upper Case.

System Informations

SAP ERP 6.0 EHP 7 SPS 10

HANA SPS 09. (Version 1.00.097.00.1434028111)

Would be great if somebody could give me a hint how to solve this problem.

Kind Regards

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Community Members,

i managed to solve the problem by myself. It was a veryy stupid mistake. I forgot to name the Object with a name, that starts with Z.

Kind Regards

0 Kudos

Dear Raschid,

happy you could solve the issue.

If I may ask, is there any reason why you want to use an attribute view and external views?

On which AS ABAP 7.4 SPS are you working currently?

Starting with ABAP 7.4 SPS05, the recommendation is to use ABAP Core Data Services  (CDS) views.

More information can be found here :

Kind regards,

Carine

0 Kudos

Hi Carine,

thank you for the Links. The reason why i am using a HANA View and an external View is, that i am trying to explain to my workmates how the Technologies SAP HANA Transport Container and HANA Transport for ABAP work. So i need HANA Content, which is not transported automatically. If i use CDS the generated HANA Content will be transported automatically. (Please correct me if i am wrong.)

Kind Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Raschid,

yes, you're right. For demonstrating SAP HANA Transport Container and SAP HANA Transport for ABAP, you need external views or database procedure proxies.

When using ABAP CDS views or AMDP procedures, no HANA entites is transported, as they are automatically created by the ABAP server at generation time (for CDS) or during the first call (for AMDP).

Kind regards,

Carine