cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM rounding quantities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

At first, sorry for my English, it isn't my first language, I will improve!

I got a problem with quantities rounding off in BOM

The BOM I created is 1 TON of Product "A" consuming 1 unit of bag

In order to produce 1,1 TON or above, until 2 TON, of product "A" the SAP will always to suggest to use 2 units of bags.

I would like that the system suggest 1 unit of bag when it's producing until 1,4 TON, above this quantities, suggest 2 units of bags.

Is that possible without exits, just using customizing?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank for all answer !

My colleague suggests an another solution and it's worked.

In Master Recipe we use the Material Quantity Calculation and put a formula in the material we desire to rounding off.

The formula is:

IF (Finish Product Quantities - TRUNC (Finish Product Quantities) < 0.5) THEN TRUNC (Finish Product Quantities) ELSE (Finish Product Quantities)

The function TRUNC keep an integral number .

Example: TRUNC (1.8) = 1

TRUNC (2.145) = 2

Therefore:

1. Producing 30.4 TON of Finish Product

IF (30.4 - 30 < 0.5) THEN 30 ELSE 30.4

Result: 30 unit

2. Producing  30.6 TON of Finish Product

IF (30.6 - 30 < 0.5) THEN 30 ELSE 30.6 ----> this last quantity, the SAP will behave normally, rounding up, therefore the system suggestion is 31 unit.

Result: 31 unit

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am also working for  industry where the BOM is for 1 MT but the final product is in pallet which is 1200KG or 1800KG. In this case best way is to define the BOM item qty in decimal like based on the calulation for 1200KG / 1800 KG with respect to 1000 KG.

Thanks

Kishan

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

On the standard system, component quantities are always rounded up, in order to avoid material shortages.

Rounding down in case of very small quantities (0,1), means that the quantity could be rounded to zero and that would lead to a component with zero quantity, which is not desired.

Regards
Caetano

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

An alternative is to use an unit with decimal places.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Caetano,

Thank you for your quick answer.

I've created a new unit of measure with decimal but unfortunately the system didn't behave as I expected. It's still rounding up.